Gray Market?

redeye knight

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a XOOM wifi tablet from my local Bimart store in Ellensburg Washington USA. The first odd thing was, when I started it for the first time it came up in Spanish. I shrugged it off and set it to English.

Many odd things since then. OTA upgrade only to 3.1, inability to load ICS from a flash drive (after trying several) and different behavior than what is described in the forums, such as never seeing the android guy with the gears while trying to update with a flash drive.

The thing that motivated me to make this post, is I used the procedure for changing the stock browser to behave like a desktop style browser, and it completely hosed the stock browser. Went to applications and deleted all data from the stock browser.

When I restarted the browser, it brought me to a spanish page asking me to pick a country, and it showed the South American continent.

How can I confirm the intended destination country for this tablet? I'm suspecting that I have one meant for the South American market.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
You should be able to download and flash the USA version of the firmware. I would check the Xoom hacking/custom ROM section for some help in locating the proper files, and some instructions on how to load them.

Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance