New eMail from motorola wifi xoom USA test update?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
OK looks like motorola is releasing a update to USA wifi xoom AGAIN. Just got my email to participate again yea.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
a6f96529-6eb0-65ed.jpg

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Well my guess is 4.0.5 since that's next version reported with bug fixes

mtfarm

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Good, I was so excited to get ICS and really liked it at first, but as time has gone on the more I use it the worse the lag and force close I get. It seems like Google is going backwards more than forward. Of course there is no guarantee this is an advancement and possibly a cause for whole bunch of new problems.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
4.0.3 works very well on the Xoom. It's a whole new tablet with ICS, especially considering 4.0.3 on my stock unrooted Xoom gives me a slightly lower Quadrant score than 4.0.2 on my stock unrooted Verizon GNex. Xoom is getting older, but she's still spry. It's holding up pretty well.

I feel for the Xoom 3G/LTE people out there though. Verizon screwed up on that big time.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
4.0.3 works very well on the Xoom. It's a whole new tablet with ICS, especially considering 4.0.3 on my stock unrooted Xoom gives me a slightly lower Quadrant score than 4.0.2 on my stock unrooted Verizon GNex. Xoom is getting older, but she's still spry. It's holding up pretty well.

I have been pleased too. It ran fine with 3.X, but with 4.X, it is really great.

I feel for the Xoom 3G/LTE people out there though. Verizon screwed up on that big time.

People should know better when buying a tablet that has a carrier attached to it... it is no different than buying a phone. You are at the mercy of a carrier.

Thank goodness for the Xoom Nexus tablet (The Xoom WiFi).

f0dderboy

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Got tired of being treated like a 3rd class citizen for buying a ty product from these guys.

Buying an iPad 3 when I get the cash.

Anyone want to buy a box Xoom?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Just got word the update to test is going out tonight so be looking for it

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
I got my update twenty minutes ago. It's 4.0.4.

Here's the changes:

Enhancements:

• Quicker screen rotation
  • A new setting to choose whether the power button immediately locks the device or not
  • Microsoft Exchange improvements with additional EAS policies
  • Better phone number recognition
  • Camera and image quality improvements
  • Improved stability

goinovr

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I dont think so, remember the carriers must test the updates first and then push it out. The reason for the hold-up is verizons fault

Ya. Was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the ICS release for the LTE. If I hear anything from my Verizon rep I'll put up a post.