I think I'm Ready, but I need some help...

madmike6537

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I cant wait any longer for ICS on my 4G Verizon Xoom. My email doesnt work with exchange and that basically renders my device useless. All the reading I have done on it basically tells me wait until ICS before its going to work. SO with that said, I think I am finally ready to root this thing.

But I need some help, you see because I have never rooted a device, like, ever.

Does anyone know where I complete Noob can get step by step instructions to make this happen? I have read a bit on XDA developers and seen people say "Oh its so easy" but were talking about someone who has literally never done this. I have none of the apps that I need or anything I need a true from the beginning guide to making this happen.

I am sure this sounds like a lot of work so if anyone knows where something like this is on the interwebz please feel free to let me know! I would love to have the latest build (eos?) that has the 4G enabled. Thanks again for your time.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I cant wait any longer for ICS on my 4G Verizon Xoom. My email doesnt work with exchange and that basically renders my device useless. All the reading I have done on it basically tells me wait until ICS before its going to work. SO with that said, I think I am finally ready to root this thing.
I'm not sure running ICS will fix this, because you should have had exchange access under Honeycomb. I did.

But I need some help, you see because I have never rooted a device, like, ever.

Does anyone know where I complete Noob can get step by step instructions to make this happen? I have read a bit on XDA developers and seen people say "Oh its so easy" but were talking about someone who has literally never done this. I have none of the apps that I need or anything I need a true from the beginning guide to making this happen.

I am sure this sounds like a lot of work so if anyone knows where something like this is on the interwebz please feel free to let me know! I would love to have the latest build (eos?) that has the 4G enabled. Thanks again for your time.
Just look in the "Xoom Rooting, ROMs and Hacks" section of the XOOM forum. There is a "sticky" there that holds your hand through the process. Read it and ask any questions you may have about it in that thread.

Relax. It's not brain surgery. ;-) Just remember to breath, read carefully and go slow. Be patient, let things work. There are a couple of places where you'll think something is wrong, because nothing seems to be happening. Go get yourself a cup of coffee if that happens. ;-) It's really hard to brick this thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy