Need some Xoom Help Please

Dissident

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
So about 8 months ago I bought my wife a Motorola Xoom from Verizon. It has never worked really well, however ever since we got it back after the 4g upgrade, it is has been horrible. Major lag while web surfing, especially on flash enabled sites, lag when changing screens or typing text, freezing, and force quits.

We have reset it multiple times but it never seems to help.

It is completely stock and has never been rooted.

The charging connection is also really loose and it is a pain to get the charging cord to stay in.

Any ideas or suggestions?

JDWallace

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the club. Ever since mine came back from the 4G upgrade it has been garbage!! I ended up turning it off and my kid uses it on WiFi now.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried a factory reset?

The usual underlying cause for crappy performance with Honeycomb are apps that don't play nice with the OS. Honeycomb is not very robust in this area.

When you reinstall your apps, do them one at a time and make sure the XOOM behaves properly after each install. This can be a bit painful, because you need to put the XOOM through some paces to be really sure... open a few apps and play around with it after each install.

You should be able to have a decently performing tablet again. There is nothing about the radio that drags the OS down and creates a crappy experience.

This all goes away with ICS... in spades! It's truly a different tablet. I'm running the Eos ROM and no longer care what I load. I haven't come across an app that doesn't play nice wth ICS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret