I Got ICS On Verizon Xoom

gonecks1

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I did the upgrade and on 3.2.4, nothing. And from my understanding this is a soak test where select testers will get it and some random people will get it.

oldblue910

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Can't find any setting or widget or anything for the launch bar.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

That's because it doesn't exist. This was a major marketing faux pas on Verizon's part. The stock ICS tablet interface (which is obviously what we see on the Xoom since it's a Google Experience Device) does not include any launch bar functionality whatsoever. The launch bar is only part of the phone interface. Someone got really confused along the way. If you want that launch bar functionality, you'll need to run a custom launcher.

Reactions: justmiles

wazzucougar02

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just a heads up for those of you who haven't been able to get the system update yet...worked the first time for me even though others have had to try multiple times.....

I'm not going to take credit for these instructions, but they have been floating around the Interwebs for a while now.

Step 1. goto settings, manage applications, select all and find Google Services Framework.

Step 2. Clear all data and force stop.

Step 3. Check for updates .

You may have to do this 3 or more times in a row, but it seems to work.

I just got ICS by doing this today!!!

Good luck and have fun

Got it from here: http://forums.androidcentral.c...

It is like a new tablet, although I'm very disappointed that the launch bar isn't included.

oldblue910

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Everyone,

As of today, the OTA file for 3.2.1/HTK75D -> 4.0.4/IMM76L is pushing out. This is the update for the 3G CDMA-only Xoom. If anyone has the link to that file and could post it here, I would greatly appreciate it. I'd like to update the firmware repository at randomphantasmagoria.com.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

tallyboy29

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
took me 6-8 times but now i have it... thanks

Just a heads up for those of you who haven't been able to get the system update yet...worked the first time for me even though others have had to try multiple times.....

I'm not going to take credit for these instructions, but they have been floating around the Interwebs for a while now.

Step 1. goto settings, manage applications, select all and find Google Services Framework.

Step 2. Clear all data and force stop.

Step 3. Check for updates .

You may have to do this 3 or more times in a row, but it seems to work.

I just got ICS by doing this today!!!

Good luck and have fun

Got it from here: http://forums.androidcentral.c...

It is like a new tablet, although I'm very disappointed that the launch bar isn't included.

oldblue910

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I received mine via wifi forced push just like the thread above. I'm located in SE Michigan

Sent from my Xoom 3g using Tapatalk 2

Did you happen to get the link to the OTA file? If you have a 3G Xoom, that means you were upgrading from 3.2.1/HTK75D to 4.0.4/IMM76L...we still don't have a direct link to that file.

asandler311

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Maybe someone can help with this one. I tried the update through this method and it seemed to start working but never rebooted and istalled. Now whhen i try it again it starts to recognize an update is available but then goes to your device is up to date. Anyone have any ideas?:'(

silly_rabbit

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Nope. I just followed the steps above, and it said I had an update, clicked download and off I went. Took about 15 minutes.

Sent from my Xoom 3g using Tapatalk 2