help i can't get ICS!! started to download but never did

asandler311

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I have an original Verizon LTE xoom that has all the new software and the lte upgrade. I feel like I am the only person that cannot download ics. I tried the Google framework clear/close trick and it said downloading new software. It then said automatically closing in 10 seconds. Only thing is it never closed. I waited 10 mins or so and manually turned it off. It never loaded the new software and now when I try the clear/close trick it says "there is a new software update" and then immediately says "you're software is up to date". I try to got into the fastboot to see if I can force it to apply the update but fastboot just freezes up and does nothing until I have to reset it. I have never rooted my xoom so that's not it. Motorola tells me it is still in the soak test and to wait a few days but every press release and their website even says its available for everyone now. I have also done a factory reset it but still no update Any suggestions or is anyone else having this issue?

asandler311

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes it does, that sucks. Are you able to get to your fastboot screen? Volume down when the xoom is powering up. Mine just locks up and I have a feeling that is the problem.

asandler311

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
You just hold the power and volume up button until it resets. About 3 seconds after you see the Motorola emblem hold down the volume down button for a few seconds. It should come to the fastboot screen. Mine freezes up then I have to reset again (power and volume up). I think that ICS is downloaded but since it won't do this it doesn't allow it to be installed. If you can give it a try.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I got tired of waiting and rooted...best decision ever! I'm done with Motorola after this device, but I have to get at least another year of use out of it, and ICS has turned the Xoom into a beast!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I got tired of waiting and rooted...best decision ever! I'm done with Motorola after this device, but I have to get at least another year of use out of it, and ICS has turned the Xoom into a beast!

I am trying to figure out how this comment is helpful. Other than your enthusiasm for your rooted Xoom. Personally I have made the choice not to root.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to figure out how this comment is helpful. Other than your enthusiasm for your rooted Xoom. Personally I have made the choice not to root.

Well, I could go into how I submitted my issue of being stuck on HLK75F back in February when HLK75H came out, and how Motorola completely blew me off, saying that HLK75H was an incremental update with no new features. Now we come to find out that in order to get ICS, you must have HLK75H. Many people are stuck on either HLK75D or HLK75F and Motorola has no fix for it. These devices are almost all out of warranty anyway, so why should they care? I wasn't trying to ruin your day. Motorola has already done that. Cheer up, it's going to be alright.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Well I did find that helpful, the other day my Xoom attempted to download and install 75H several times but it never applied itself and I am still on 75F.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Well I did find that helpful, the other day my Xoom attempted to download and install 75H several times but it never applied itself and I am still on 75F.

You should head over to the Motorola Xoom Owners Forum. There is a nice guy over there named DocBrown. He does not work for Motorola, so he's not a worthless steaming pile of poo. He has been getting info from people and geting updates pushed out to them by their meid. He may be able to help.

Last edited:

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I called motorola support today and they offered to send me a shipping container for me to send my Xoom in to have the update applied. I informed the a Gen that it was purchased on release day and the warranty has expired. He said with the Xooms having this issue they are waiving any charges.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I called motorola support today and they offered to send me a shipping container for me to send my Xoom in to have the update applied. I informed the a Gen that it was purchased on release day and the warranty has expired. He said with the Xooms having this issue they are waiving any charges.

That's good. How long did they say they would have it?

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
That's good. How long did they say they would have it?

He stated it would be returned within 5 business days. I will probably wait till Monday to send it in though.

Also they are working on trying to fix my login on the Motorola support forums so I can talk to doc. I can read posts but I can't login. If I pm you my meidand my cell number will you pass it on to him. The cell number is so you can reach me faster if he needs any more information.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
He stated it would be returned within 5 business days. I will probably wait till Monday to send it in though.

Also they are working on trying to fix my login on the Motorola support forums so I can talk to doc. I can read posts but I can't login. If I pm you my meidand my cell number will you pass it on to him. The cell number is so you can reach me faster if he needs any more information.

Sure, I'd be glad to pass it on to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox