I have a Verizon Nexus rooted and rom'ed so I know the differences between a custom rom and the stock experience. At some point I may do the same with my Xoom but for now, I'm roll'in stock. Its not perfect, but this update resolved all of my issues with the Xoom.

After the update I did a factory reset. I only re-installed the apps I use (trying to keep it light and fast).

I must say my browsing experience has never been this smooth..... The stock ICS browser is way better than the browser provided with Honeycomb.

Obviously, the faster hardware in the newer tablets provide a smooth experience but for 1st generation hardware the Xoom is still holding on. I find this impressive considering the amout of time the Xoom has been on the market and the pace at which tablet hardware has advanced. I won't be replacing my Xoom anytime soon.....

-Kesnik
    p08757 and lobobuzz like this.
    06-10-2012 03:53 AM
    I had my Xoom rooted. Unrooted on Friday. Updated to ics, I can say is wow I love my Xoom even more so. Its really smooth working now. I do miss some features of rooted.
    06-10-2012 08:04 AM
    I am extremely happy as well. I liked my Xoom before, but I was pretty much on the way out the door to sell it and pick up something newer/ smoother/ faster. After the ICS upgrade however, this thing is in. So much faster and smoother, it's unreal. Definitely going to hold on to it for quite a bit longer now.
    lobobuzz likes this.
    06-10-2012 02:39 PM
    I'm happy with mine too. It worked decent enough for me on Honeycomb but my Transformer Prime was much smoother to operate. Now they pretty much feel the same. I'm running mine with the Nova Launcher and it adds a few nice touches.

The updates to the browser are probably the most obvious performance enhanced upgrade. But there's little things like taking a screen shot, the way you can remove all notifications at once and how much better the responsiveness is when switch screens that put the whole thing together. It took way to long but at least it seems to be working very well for most people.

Sent via my Galaxy Nexus
    60% of the time, It works every time!
    06-12-2012 11:45 AM
    I was about to throw my Xoom out as well, even after rooting and the update things just never really worked very well. So I did the most thorough last ditch effort to revive my Xoom, I SBF'd back to the original images from Moto and relocked my Xoom.
    After running through all of the updates (the good ol' fashioned stock way) including ICS, my Xoom is a beast of Ice Creamy goodness. It really was night and day, it just blew me away with the differences.

Turns out, I just needed a proper install of one of the previous updates to fix my issues...

It's like falling in love again with a longtime girlfriend, and makes me hope I can keep my trusty Xoom running smoothly for many more months to come.
    06-24-2012 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD