Help please, I am a female and I have a Motorola xoom Wi-Fi only tablet that is almost 2 years old and in very good condition, I haven't used it hardly maybe 10 times, because I am a electronics geek and I have many other tablets I play with, so I kept the xoom tablet in a case when not being used, now I went to turn it on and it won't turn on all the way, it goes as far as the Motorola emblem and stays there. The power button won't even turn it on or off. I hate to throw this $500. Tablet away. Please if anyone can help me out. I will appreciate that.

Sent from my White, Sexy S3.
    07-26-2012 10:05 PM
    I'd strongly advise against anyone from directly emailing this address. My guess would be you are opening yourself up to a world of spam at the very least. Solutions to your problems can safely be left in forum comments.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    07-26-2012 10:18 PM
    I'd strongly advise against anyone from directly emailing this address. My guess would be you are opening yourself up to a world of spam at the very least. Solutions to your problems can safely be left in forum comments.

Alright thank you

07-26-2012 10:20 PM
    The only fix I'm aware of is holding the volume up button down then pressing and hding the power button at the same time. There isn't really much troubleshooting that can be done from there since it doesn't even turn on. If the Motorola logo is coming g on we can deduce the screen isn't done for, and it's turning on, but not loading boot animation, so perhaps the bootloader is somehow corrupted.

07-26-2012 10:32 PM
    The only fix I'm aware of is holding the volume up button down then pressing and hding the power button at the same time. There isn't really much troubleshooting that can be done from there since it doesn't even turn on. If the Motorola logo is coming g on we can deduce the screen isn't done for, and it's turning on, but not loading boot animation, so perhaps the bootloader is somehow corrupted.

Didn't start having problems till did the update to 4.0

07-26-2012 10:33 PM
    It be hard to say when problems were or were not present if you've only used it 10 times over the past 17 months. But if it is indeed related to the update, the only logical explanation would be something interfered with the update and corrupted the file. I'd assume it can be fixed through replacing the update file in your program files folder. As far as where you would locate such a thing, hopefully someone else Chimes in for you because I genuinely don't know. Good luck.

07-26-2012 10:48 PM
    It be hard to say when problems were or were not present if you've only used it 10 times over the past 17 months. But if it is indeed related to the update, the only logical explanation would be something interfered with the update and corrupted the file. I'd assume it can be fixed through replacing the update file in your program files folder. As far as where you would locate such a thing, hopefully someone else Chimes in for you because I genuinely don't know. Good luck.

Honey thank you so much for your help, I truly appreciate all your advice

07-26-2012 10:50 PM
    ok so firstly id try a soft reboot (hold power and volume up at the same time) this will reboot your xoom then as soon as the motorola logo appears press volume down . . . . it should say android recovery in the top left hand corner press volume down again and you will go into the android recovery. using the volume up and down buttons navigate to factory reset and press the power button to accept (volume up = move up, volume down = move down, power button = ok/accept) you should still have ICS you will just have to restore your google account, good luck
    07-30-2012 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD