Xoom stuck on ICS flashing colors and won't boot

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I picked up my Xoom and it had no data so I rebooted the device. When it started back up it gets to the ICS color screen and keeps playing it over and over. The power button has no effect unless I also push the volume up button at the same time then it will reboot and get to the ICS screen again and is stuck there.

I removed the SIM and SD card and tried it again with the same results. Any idea what to do to get my Xoom booted back up?

Thanks.

Last edited:

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, I guess no one has experienced this issue. Nothing I tried would resolve it so I had to go into recovery mode and do a factory reset which got it going again but requires me to completely set it up again.

d14racer24

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Well consider yourself lucky that this fixed your issue. This is a known issue with these tablets. Apparently there are corrupt files that will not allow it to update (from what I have read). I could not get mine to update even after 3 factory resets. I did some reading and found out you could send it in to Motorola and have them fix it, or you could do a fastboot oem unlock, install stock images, and fastboot oem lock. I ended up doing the latter and installing stock Honeycomb images. After this I was still able to get OTA updates, and after about a half hour of updates, I was running JB (4.1.1).

Reactions: tonydplumber

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae