I picked up my Xoom and it had no data so I rebooted the device. When it started back up it gets to the ICS color screen and keeps playing it over and over. The power button has no effect unless I also push the volume up button at the same time then it will reboot and get to the ICS screen again and is stuck there.

I removed the SIM and SD card and tried it again with the same results. Any idea what to do to get my Xoom booted back up?

Thanks.
    07-31-2012 08:19 PM
    Well, I guess no one has experienced this issue. Nothing I tried would resolve it so I had to go into recovery mode and do a factory reset which got it going again but requires me to completely set it up again.
    08-01-2012 02:01 PM
    Well consider yourself lucky that this fixed your issue. This is a known issue with these tablets. Apparently there are corrupt files that will not allow it to update (from what I have read). I could not get mine to update even after 3 factory resets. I did some reading and found out you could send it in to Motorola and have them fix it, or you could do a fastboot oem unlock, install stock images, and fastboot oem lock. I ended up doing the latter and installing stock Honeycomb images. After this I was still able to get OTA updates, and after about a half hour of updates, I was running JB (4.1.1).
    tonydplumber likes this.
    08-10-2012 07:44 PM
    my Xoom is stuck on the ICS page. does it go away after a bit???
    05-16-2013 09:16 PM
    Well, I guess no one has experienced this issue. Nothing I tried would resolve it so I had to go into recovery mode and do a factory reset which got it going again but requires me to completely set it up again.
    How did u do it
    10-07-2018 01:47 AM
    How did u do it
    Welcome to Android Central! You're responding to a 6 year-old post, so I doubt that person will answer back. If you really need to now how to do a hardware key factory reset on the ancient Motorola Xoom tablet, see here: Motorola XOOM- Master Reset / Factory Data Reset
    10-07-2018 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD