Jellybean, its allright.

WhoolioPreludee

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
So after finally unrooting my Xoom and loading stock Honeycomb and getting the updates. I feel like I'm not such a big fan of the jellybean update. My favorite version was honeycomb, not ics, not jb. Why? Well battery life is amazing on hc, yes it choppy and not so smooth as ics or jb but the battery life and flash support make it the best version in my opinion. ics while it made some improvements it also broke some features. Battery life was greatly reduced flash was still OK, but browser would randomly close. Jb well battery life I can't say just yet as It barely upgraded. It def its smooth but no flash just plain sucks. I had the flash APk so I installed it that way but its not working all that great .Tried to install the "legacy" version of flash but its no longer available. The YouTube site sucks on jb. And I hate using an app for accessing content that is availability on a website.
So is anybody else feel like jb is just OK?
Also how were you able to get flash to work as seamlessly as it did in hc or jb? If so how ?

amojeba

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a question regarding what you mentioned. My Moto Xoom should be delivered today (not sure what OS is coming on it, getting it used).
I know Moto has a history of locking bootloaders on carrier devices, but the Wifi Xoom is a Google Experience device right? So if it has say JB on it, can you downgrade it back to ICS?

Does the bootloader get in the way since this is supposed to be a GED?

WhoolioPreludee

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The Xoom is unlockable. Unlocking is one of the first steps before flashing . I was using a rooted ics version and flashed back onto official gb, And took the updates all way to jb

rbross3030

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
So after finally unrooting my Xoom and loading stock Honeycomb and getting the updates. I feel like I'm not such a big fan of the jellybean update. My favorite version was honeycomb, not ics, not jb. Why? Well battery life is amazing on hc, yes it choppy and not so smooth as ics or jb but the battery life and flash support make it the best version in my opinion. ics while it made some improvements it also broke some features. Battery life was greatly reduced flash was still OK, but browser would randomly close. Jb well battery life I can't say just yet as It barely upgraded. It def its smooth but no flash just plain sucks. I had the flash APk so I installed it that way but its not working all that great .Tried to install the "legacy" version of flash but its no longer available. The YouTube site sucks on jb. And I hate using an app for accessing content that is availability on a website.
So is anybody else feel like jb is just OK?
Also how were you able to get flash to work as seamlessly as it did in hc or jb? If so how ?

Funny because I remember my battery life being phenominal on HC too... I thought my xoom was just getting old but come to think of it my battery life did dive sharply when I upgraded to ICS. I really like JB compared to ICS as far as interface and speed goes, but flash being as buggy as it is is kinda lame, and I dont really like the newer typefaces and such in the updated UI, and one of the things I hate most is how they changed the quick controls in the web browser to have popout menus, it can be a real PITA to make an accurate selection now (yes, I prefer stock browser over dolphin).