My Xoom has "absorbed" sunscreen spray...

hoots711

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Ugg, this past weekend we had a about a 5hr car ride. My Wife's bag was next to my the bag which contained my xoom in the trunk. A can of her aerosol spray sunscreen must have gone off and both of our bags and clothes where saturated with the sunscreen... No biggie here as everything could simply be washed. My Xoom was in the side pocket of the bag and the didnt have any sunscreen on its case or the unit (after a quick inspection).

The following Monday at work I boot my xoom up (which was dead from the weekend) and see 2 things.

When the protecting case is unfolded and I mount the xoom on my desktop speaker unit it smells of sunscreen...
and
The screen is very dark on about 60% of the screen. There is a clear break of dark/light with an uneven line scribbled down the screen.

Everything seems to work, except it is very difficult to see the screen, especially the darker half.

Pretty obvious that the unit absorbed sunscreen IMHO.

Any advice? Am i just boned here? I havnt called verizon yet. I have the 4g version.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
If you have insurance, you may want to file a claim. But first, did you try to clean the screen with glass cleaner?

Good luck. Hope your issue gets resolved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech