4.1.2 for WiFi Xoom rolling out

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Currently installing the OTA for 4.1.2 on my WiFi Xoom. Had to clear data on the Google Framework Services to get it to download.

Anyone else get it yet? Aparently XDA has a rooted version of the update if you're in need of that.

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Not sure. I think that there was a change log posted on AC a little while back. I'll see if I can find it.

If it's not showing up when you click "Check Now", go nto Settings and Apps menu and clear the Google Framework Services data, then go back and check for updates again. This should force it to update for you.

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
So far, the update has fixed my screen refresh trouble.... That's about all that I've noticed.

Do you mean how the home screens will all go blank for no apparent reason? I had that issue too. Haven't seen it since the update either.

Also, the only change logs I can find are for the AOSP code. I can see a few lines regarding the WiFi Xoom (Wingray), but they really don't mean much to me since I'm not a programmer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Gotta love the Xoom Nexus!

Even clearing the Google Services Framework wasn't enough on mine. Tried that yet again then immediately rebooted. Nope. So cleared it a THIRD TIME then tried again- bam, update downloaded and installed. I really don't understand why doing it several times makes any difference, or why this should be necessary.... but at least I got it!

joelkamp

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
So far this is the best update yet for the Xoom. Not really any visual changes or new features, but definitely some performance upgrades. No longer seem to be getting the force closes that happen often when loading web pages. The browser no longer seems to freeze will web pages are loading.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

mrjam3s

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I updated an hour ago....

I then noticed that I couldn't update the apps I was being notified of... based another thread the aren't related....

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I updated the night it came out and still can't update my apps through the play store

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Unicorn56

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Installed the ota without trauma, but now I notice that all of my videos are GONE and all but one downloaded pix are GONE. What's up with that?