4.2 update

rutkind

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
So no word has been said about when any other devices will be getting 4.2, anyone hear anything?

I can only assume from history that the Galaxy Nexus will get it soon and the XOOM wifi will be soon as well.

kevk60

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I know this is an older thread but right now I am running jb 4.2.1 on my xoom and my nexus 7. When i flashed cm 10.1 nighly on my xoom it automatically upgraded my xoom to jb 4.2.1. From what I've read and seen, jb 4.2.1 is becoming available for a lot of devices.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Xoom will not get 4.2 or newer ...at least officially. Galaxy s will not either. Gotta love it!

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

kevk60

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Curious to know, how do you like Team EOS ROM? Does it have tablet ui and what gapp pack did you use. I have been using Team EOS Xoom only gapp pack to free up space on system ROM. Am running CM 10.1 on my Xoom WiFi.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

leever6000

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Curious to know, how do you like Team EOS ROM? Does it have tablet ui and what gapp pack did you use. I have been using Team EOS Xoom only gapp pack to free up space on system ROM. Am running CM 10.1 on my Xoom WiFi.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Hi kevk60:

So far I realy like the Team EOS ROM, it does have tablet ui, and does require a gapp pack.
The one I am using is gapps-jb-20130105-EOS-XOOM-ONLY:
http://goo.im/devs/teameos/roms/eos4/gapps/gapps-jb-20130105-EOS-XOOM-ONLY.zip

My son is running the CM 10.1 ROM on his Kindle Fire, and it is very similar. Although the Fire was only over clocked to 1.2 while the EOS 4 ROM over clocked mine to 1.7.

Both ROMS are very stable, and huge improvements over ICS and Amazon OS on the Fire.

Sent from my LTE Xoom EOS 4 JB 4.2.1 using Tapatalk HD

skelzer

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I gave up. Just rooted first time yesterday... bumped it all the way up to CM10.1 24th nightly (Android 4.2.1). Will never go back... can't believe I've been missing out for soooooo long. Cyanogenmod on the xoom lte is awesome. Never thought I'd have a use for the multi-profile login in 4.2.1 but after tinkering with it and heavily restricting the addl profile, now I've got a perfect walled garden for my little kid. No need to worry about deleting emails or widgets, etc!

In case anyone's wondering, here's the right recipe to take you all the way to the bleeding edge (mixing and matching is the only hard part... once the versions play well together, all is good):
cm-10.1-20130124-NIGHTLY-stingray.zip (likely a new nightly by the time you read this)
gapps-jb-20130105-EOS-XOOM-ONLY.zip
recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.7-wingray-signed.zip

PS - the OTA updates w/ CM were the kicker, if it's broke today it'll be fixed tomorrow. Even better with CyanDelta......

Last edited:

d1c1ple

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
just did the same on my xoom wifi; unlocked, rooted and loaded CM 10.1 nightly - very happy so far; although cyandelta is not able to read the update on the interal sdcard location for some reason; i popped in an sdcard and update via recovery manually without any issue

leever6000

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
just did the same on my xoom wifi; unlocked, rooted and loaded CM 10.1 nightly - very happy so far; although cyandelta is not able to read the update on the interal sdcard location for some reason; i popped in an sdcard and update via recovery manually without any issue

What does the CM 10.1 over clocked the processor to?

Sent from my LTE Xoom EOS 4 JB 4.2.1 using Tapatalk HD

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I think XOOM firmware will probably be stuck on 4.0.4 . To me personally, it doesn't have the best specs, and gets quite laggy at time, for me personally.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I think XOOM firmware will probably be stuck on 4.0.4 . To me personally, it doesn't have the best specs, and gets quite laggy at time, for me personally.

my xoom is running 4.1.2 stock no root official update from moto. However moto *did* say 4.1.2 is the end of the line for updates. (Build JZO54K)

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Goto manage apps, force close google framework, clear data, then recheck for updates. Make sure your connected online of course.

If the clear part works you will see the last check date at something like 19xx something instead of 2013.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Goto manage apps, force close google framework, clear data, then recheck for updates. Make sure your connected online of course.

If the clear part works you will see the last check date at something like 19xx something instead of 2013.

mine came last july . . Maybe we have diff units? Mine is wifi only.

I have the wifi xoom too running 4.1.2 stock, unrooted.

I have a wifi XOOM, too but still don't have the 4.2 update, also tried the framework method which sadly did not work.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It had been reported to take up to 6 tries for some people. Did you notice the 19xx date show up when checking the status after doing the framework reset? If you never saw the date change, then the reset didn't work in general.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Take a screenshot of your details screen. The one that tells your version and such and post here. Maybe that will tell us some other info we haven't asked.

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a wifi XOOM, too but still don't have the 4.2 update, also tried the framework method which sadly did not work.

The Xoom is not scheduled to get 4.2

The Wifi version should have 4.1.2, but that it the highest it will go.

The LTE Xoom is still on ICS, but they say that the Xoom will receive JB sometime in Q1 of 2013. Whether it does or not, who knows, but I will say I am still happy with the ICS build. This tablet being 2 years old still operates great, and does everything I need. A vast difference to the phones I have that after 2 years, are slow and usually can not handle the upgrades.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae