Little Help?

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if anyone monitors this thread anymore, but I'll give it a try . . .

My google account got hacked and I went through the process of checking and changing everything as per their instructions. I also ran av and malware programs to clean my laptop and then reset my passwords again. After a few days my account was hacked again and my password changed . . . since I cleaned my laptop, and since the original intrusion occurred while checking gmail on my xoom, is it possible that the malware resides on my xoom and it got my new password from when I logged on with it? If so would restoring my xoom to factory setting nuke this problem?

Thanks for any help/advice

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if anyone monitors this thread anymore, but I'll give it a try . . .

My google account got hacked and I went through the process of checking and changing everything as per their instructions. I also ran av and malware programs to clean my laptop and then reset my passwords again. After a few days my account was hacked again and my password changed . . . since I cleaned my laptop, and since the original intrusion occurred while checking gmail on my xoom, is it possible that the malware resides on my xoom and it got my new password from when I logged on with it? If so would restoring my xoom to factory setting nuke this problem?

Thanks for any help/advice

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea. Do you have an anti virus program on you Xoom?

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
No I don't . . I guess I always heard they weren't very useful . . I have always been pretty good at sniffing out bogus emails but I let my guard down and fell for opening this one . . Do you recommend one? I think I may just nuke it anyway but have to figure out how to save my pics first, everything else I should just be able to reload I'm guessing

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No I don't . . I guess I always heard they weren't very useful . . I have always been pretty good at sniffing out bogus emails but I let my guard down and fell for opening this one . . Do you recommend one? I think I may just nuke it anyway but have to figure out how to save my pics first, everything else I should just be able to reload I'm guessing

AVG is a good one. Give that a try first, see what happens.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173