the Xoom has arrived

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
As of now I am 95% sure that I am going to buy this. Unfortunately I just don't see how this can cost anything less than at the very least $600 and frankly I'm expecting it to be $700 dollars.

The worst part is that I'm with Sprint so Verizon will be an added cost, though I still haven't ruled out just tethering it to my phone and buying it straight out.

dcviperboy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I will go ahead and guess the pricing will be competitive. The iPad ranges from 500 to 830. The galaxy S tab (granted, it is smaller) is 600/400 (which i think is too much). VZW i believe just dropped the price to 500 off contract, and thats what healthy competition does. With all of these tablets, I'm assuming we will see them start at the $500 range. Prices of cell phones (weather Evo, iPhone, Droid 2, etc) are all around 200 on contract. My guess is 500 for the 32, 600 for the 64. (The upgrade to 4g will be 50$ - that is my wild card guess).

P.S. I am definitely replacing my iPad with this.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Never been a fan of tablets but this is now a must have.

I too hope there is a WiFi only version. I have enough contracts. Besides, tetheringto my new LTE phone will be bliss.

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I am in love with this tablet. Currently running an X and it needs a friend, but the one thing I like about apple is when they launch a product they tell you how much it will cost, and you buy it immediately. I think this lacking details hurt Moto and VZW a bit.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I really hoping for a 500$ off contract price. The Galaxy Tab was way overpriced, and even with the price dropped to 499 off contract, it still is, IMO.

Hopefully Verizon has learned their lesson.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i could deal with $500 off contract. of course, since thats a price i would easily pay, itll come out at $600, and ill have a decision to make :)

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
This thing is going to be by far my most anticipated Tablet yet. I'm not disappointed with the whole "upgradeable" LTE thing -- I think that's the right move anyway, seeing as how LTE won't be available to everyone who may want this thing anyway.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
This thing is going to be by far my most anticipated Tablet yet. I'm not disappointed with the whole "upgradeable" LTE thing -- I think that's the right move anyway, seeing as how LTE won't be available to everyone who may want this thing anyway.

I'm trying to tell myself to wait and see what else comes out but I don't think I'll be able to, in fact if VZW opens early when they release it, I'll be there. I just hope it's after I get my tax return back - I think I'm going off contract with this bad boy. (just easier to resell and no worry about another bill).

tangomonky

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. As it is I am finding it very hard to want to ever sign another contract. Especially with the rumored change to verizons upgrade policy. 1 year contract with phones tops, and there is 0 chance I would use a contract for 3g on a tablet.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey chris, was i just dreaming while listening to the podcast this morning or did phil say that honeycomb is strictly tablet?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I just told someone else in another forum that it's not just for tablets, but I'll have to go back and do some research now because I've gotten a few emails about it now.

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
So it is supposed to be pure Honeycomb. Is that the same as saying pure Google. If it is I will definitely get it. But I will still wait for the G-Slate.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000