The SD Card

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So it looks like the Xoom will ship with a disabled micro SD card slot. The device comes with 32GB of internal storage, which may in itself be an internal sd card.

This reminds me of the Viewsonic G Tablet, which comes with internal storage and expandable memory using a modified software installation to get them both to play nice together. I can only speak from experience on the G Tablet, when running stock android the "proper" partition naming didn't allow for either of the partitions to be mounted, only one, and was also a bit of a mess with recovery. So it makes file management a little tricky.

I wonder if this is the same thing they're going through, trying to come up with a right away to do it.

anon(18050)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I was going to say that they should have this already worked out (as Dx and D2 have internal memory, then I remembered they were apps only), but after you bring the point up I wouldn't be surprised if that is indeed the reason.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
So it looks like the Xoom will ship with a disabled micro SD card slot. ..t.

I don't know that this is known yet. It was reported offhand on this site, but there is no official word that this will happen. I would be EXTREMELY surprised if any SD issues exist, and are not fixed by launch. We will see.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I was going to say that they should have this already worked out (as Dx and D2 have internal memory, then I remembered they were apps only), but after you bring the point up I wouldn't be surprised if that is indeed the reason.

Yeah, the "correct" convention I believe is that the internal sd be mounted as /emmc and the external sd as /sdcard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci