Doom for productivity/school use?

Rex126

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, i haven't been following th xoom recently, but notice the specs on it are quite impressive. I currently have an iPad, which I like a lot, but am more of an android fan. I use the iPad for med school a lot and it is very useful to take and store notes on. My question is will the xoom have decent productivity capabilities? I need someing that can open and view PDF files quickly as well as open and edit Microsoft wod documents without occasionally screwing up the format like my wonderful iPad does :( would the xoom be a good upgrade from the iPad? Or does it need time to develop the proper apps and such before it is able to be fully uttilized?

Thanks for your input

jkurl15

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
you should be able to use it just like the ipad as there are many apps for editing office docs and adobe reader is in the app market. you can't go wrong w/ this tab.

Reactions: Rex126

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Know this, to really be able to edit MS Office files without messing up formatting you will need to pick up a third party editing suite for an additional cost. Docs To Go will run you $15, last I checked, and does a great job keeping the formatting as it should be.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Docs2Go is a great app, worth the full purchase. I have been using that app since my Blackberry days and I am looking forward to using it on the XOOM.

zpithika

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So i am either thinking about getting the iPad 2 or the xoom. I am thinking iPad 2 because for what I need in a tablet, it does what I like. For example I would need document editing, an app to take hand written notes, web browser, apps such as sketchbook or other media creation apps, games, as well as obviously rich webrowser. Now I love android but I am sort of in an apple ecosystem. I have an iPod touch 4g for my music and I buy apps through iTunes. So I don't know if I would want to set up another credit card for the android market when I already have one through iTunes. Plus I can use all of my purchased apps from my iPod on the iPad. So I guess what I want to ask u guys is what would u do? While android does a lot of things right, I believe the iPad also provides everything i would ever need in a tablet. Based on what I said above, what are your comments?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae