How is multitasking?

oasis9389

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I used the demo model today, it appears you only get your last 4 used apps in the MT button? if thats the case its worse than the phone is.

hp touchpad looking better.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I used the demo model today, it appears you only get your last 4 used apps in the MT button? if thats the case its worse than the phone is.

hp touchpad looking better.

It's been kind of limited use so far for myself but I had the music player, browser and words with friends (which you can't select letters on), all going at the same time.

Yes, you can only see your 4 most recent apps. I didn't see a setting for this yet, it reminds me of something a 3rd party launcher can probably take care of if it becomes that kind of an issue.

An aside from that, the screen real estate is tremendous, I mean you can really just put shortcuts to all your commonly used apps everywhere.

oasis9389

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
ouch really? only 4 most recent apps? MT is a huge part of a product like this. build a new os from the grown up and thats the MT you implement? idk.

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
ouch really? only 4 most recent apps? MT is a huge part of a product like this. build a new os from the grown up and thats the MT you implement? idk.
I have had more then 4 apps going, it is not saying you can't have more hten 4. just getting to them to switch.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'll take real multi tasking with 4 recent apps over pausing apps with a list of 8 every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Like I said though, I'm sure a 3rd party can alter this if they want to or it can be a setting in a custom ROM.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
It can run more than 4 apps at once, like pointed out it's just the 4 most recent that show up. A bit annoying, yeah, but the software will certainly allow for more than that.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
i'm just comparing it to the webos interface for hptouchpad that is real time true multitasking.. this isn't close.

Android does have real time pure multi-tasking, it was there even while hp was buying palm. It's literally the display of recent apps you're talking about which is totally independent of the way android multi-tasks.

oasis9389

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
correct..
however a pc runs all apps in the background as well. but similar to webos you don't have to find the icon you used to luanch it or hope you it was one of your last 4.