Autorotate Off

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I find it interesting that on my Xoom auto-rotate was off by default. This seems counter intuitive to what should be the default.

bmhanson

May 20, 2010
Visit site
not sure. If it had been played with they weer awful easy on it. plastic was not even ruffled and when I turned it on it wanted to try and activate with verizon, which i have so far skipped.. Not a big deal.

Storm24

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine was turn on by default. I saw him take it out of the box. But he did not activate it...wonder if that would make a difference...

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Interesting. I wonder why the difference. So far everyone else I have talked to has said auto-rotate was off for them too.

I wonder if yours was pre-played with and set to on by someone.

Could also be a slightly different build of the software. I think the auto-rotate might've been switched off by default because of the aspect ratio of the screen. Most of the reviewers all comment on how the thing just works better in horizontal view, and while it works vertically, it's a bit awkward.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Mine was on. Some things like facebook act weird. When you go the the page that shows messages and stuff it flips automatically and it wont flip back.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995