Mobile view websites

strauss884

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My browser keeps defaulting to mobile view web sites. Does anyone know where the setting to change this is. I can't find it anywhere.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
In the browser bar type "about:debug" without the quotes, and hit enter.

Then go to the menu, debug, UAString, select Desktop. Go to google.com, then clear your cookies and cache, you should be good to go.

Repeat the entering of about:debug to make those added debug menu items go away.

There really should be a better way to do this...

pearlmikejam

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
In the browser bar type "about:debug" without the quotes, and hit enter.

Then go to the menu, debug, UAString, select Desktop. Go to google.com, then clear your cookies and cache, you should be good to go.

Repeat the entering of about:debug to make those added debug menu items go away.

There really should be a better way to do this...

I have done this in the past and tried it last night. It works as expected, but I had to make the change for every browser session. That is, every time I close the browser, it defaults back to Android as the UAString and I am out of Debug mode. I have to make the change every time I open the browser. Is their a way to get it to save?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I posted yesterday here browser fail. it is no different then your android browser. it is not a true browser experience. and folks just snickered at my post.

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I agree, the browser is a big time fail for defaulting to mobile view. I find it to be super fast at time, then a minute later its slow and glitchy.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I like using Dolphin Browser because it defaults to Desktop every time, but it still isn't 100% optimized. They said they are in private beta right now and should open up soon.

JZambrano

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I've just been doing it every time.

About:debug - Enter. About:debug - Enter

You don't have to change it to Desktop after the first time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan