Cannot sign into Youtube

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Are any of you having trouble signing into Youtube on the Xoom using the app? I can sign in using the browser but, not using the app on the device itself.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I have a yahoo email for my youtube and can't use it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

I linked my Google and Youtube accounts but, it still doen't work. I'm guessing the app only works with newer Youtube accounts after Google took them over. I've had this Youtube account for a long time but, just started really using it within the last few years.

MrEvan

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey qnet and tntdroid,

Give this a try:
1. Go to 'Settings' on your XOOM
2. Select 'Accounts & sync'
3. Select 'Add account'
4. Add your "Google account" that is linked to your YouTube account (via your Yahoo! email address); when it asks what type of account to add, go with "Google"
5. Make sure the account is added properly (in 'Accounts & sync')
6. Re-open the YouTube app (you should be automatically signed in)

Any luck?! Hope that helps.

-MrEvan

Reactions: Chris Kerrigan

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey qnet and tntdroid,

Give this a try:
3. Select 'Add account'
4. Add your "Google account" that is linked to your YouTube account (via your Yahoo! email address); when it asks what type of account to add, go with "Google"

-MrEvan

Thanks, your solution sounds like it may have worked. I actually figured it out. I created another Youtube account and it works fine. After I did that, my older Youtube account now works also. I'm not sure why.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Hey qnet and tntdroid,

Give this a try:
3. Select 'Add account'

-MrEvan

Didn't work for me :-\ I linked online my yahoo and gmail account. I then went into settings and the account is already there. I then go into the app and it keeps wanting me to create a account again.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
OK found a work around. Removed my link to my main gmail account then added a gmail I use for google TV. Then signed in no problem! Thanks for the tip.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Didn't work for me :-\ I linked online my yahoo and gmail account. I then went into settings and the account is already there. I then go into the app and it keeps wanting me to create a account again.

I'm not sure my situation is entirely like yours but, if you have a Gmail account; you can link your Youtube with that and,then try it. When you do that your old Youtube password will not work anymore and, you have to use your main Google accounts/email password.

When I tried it on the Xoom I had to use my Google log-in with both the username and password. It seems like it took a little while for it to work but, it finally did.

I also created another Youtube account and associated it with my business email. that works also but, I'm not sure if it helped the other one work.

The Xoom, with Honeycomb; is surely a pure Google device. It likes everything synced and streamlined which is cool. It can be a problem if you had a Youtube account long before a Google account (like I did).

bansari

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
i m using xperia. i had the same problem. this is how i have fix it...

on yr pc go to google account----> youtube----> account setting (broadcast yourself)----> manage accout----> It will ask to change password for youtube----> than go to you tube in your mobile----> sign in with that log in and password in your mobile youtube.

i have fix problem and since thn my application working fine. my you tube dnt ask to sign it again since thn...... hope this will help you.

chelseaboy100

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I get the same problems. It al works fine throught a browser but using the app - I get link account message but then how do u link ? Then if you sign in or create account you get the error saying the account already in use when u try and sign in to then even try and perform the link. Its a catch 22 situation. Only bouight the XOOM today and this is making me fed up..APPLE IPHONE never has these issues...

anon(174838)

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
same issue here on the nexus - youtube.com I am signed in with my gmail, but when i choose that option in the youtube android app, it says I have to link my account

Peter Zimmerling

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
OK Guys. I just started flashing ROM to an android device using Odin, because it is an old tablet Samsung P1000:

First I update the tablet to 2.3.6 and rooted it with instructions you can find on the net with odin.

Galaxy Tab P1000: changed the ROM from 2.2 to 2.3.3 (HOW TO?) - Samsung Galaxy Tab - SlateDroid.com

How to Update Galaxy Tab P1000 to Android 4.3 / CyanogenMod 10.2

I downloaded CM cyanogenmod:

CyanogenMod Downloads

After I installed the wrong Gapps package, I also could not log in to youtube.
So sollution: with the cm11 kitkat comes a Gapps install.

After I also install the correct Gapps I can log in into youtube and I have Google Play:

Google Apps - CyanogenMod

My old Samsung Tablet is working now with android KK 4.4.2.and is totally awesome.
Can log into youtube download and install anny app thinkable to android.
Is faster than my Samsung S3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995