Google Reader

Dunbar

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the Google Reader app, but I have to say I'm not a fan of its setup. It takes me about three taps to get an article.

Does anyone know if it is possible to enable a preview pane, with a list of your subscriptions on the left? Basically, I am just trying to get it to work like Google Reader through a regular web browser (which I thought was perfect), but which I can't seem to load on the Xoom.

Thanks!

P.S. I have a really stupid, minor question (more stupid and minor than the google reader question) that I didn't see an appropriate thread for, so here it goes: is there a good widget for showing the time and weather? I'm not impressed with the clock-widget that comes on the xoom, and while I've tried to download a couple of widgets from the marketplace, they don't come out looking right. Do you have to enable 3D on your homepage or something? Thanks!

siscim23

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Try the beautiful widgets app in the thread below, it has a widget with time and weather together in many different sizes.

zero157h7

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I am really considering trying out newsr Chris but I am concerned that it will be missing some of the features that I have come to enjoy on my iPad (instapaper integration as well as webkit for opening the full page .) I may give it a shot, I am just not sure yet.

Chris Stewart

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I am really considering trying out newsr Chris but I am concerned that it will be missing some of the features that I have come to enjoy on my iPad (instapaper integration as well as webkit for opening the full page .) I may give it a shot, I am just not sure yet.

Just know, its all coming. I've put out a new release almost everyday since the initial and will continue to make Newsr better and better.

Edit: I should note that you can go to the original article in the Xoom browser, there's a link at the bottom of the article body.

DeusInnomen

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Wow! Damn you, Chris, I thought I had a tighter grip on that $2.99 in my pocket but it seems to have mysteriously floated over to your account.

Seriously, great looking app. I need to get off my ass and start working on some apps of my own. (Working on an app for myself to help me with running my 4th Ed D&D game, figure I'll put it out there if I write it well enough to share.)

pearlmikejam

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Chris

Any plans to create the ability to sync and download articles for offline viewing? I am trying to find something that syncs with Google Reader, but allows me to read the entire article (not just the RSS blurb like Pulse) while I am on a plane.

Chris Stewart

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to update this to say I've done a lot with Newsr in the last week or so, so please give it a look if you haven't recently. Tonight I added a few highly requested features:

- Token authorization uses any Google account now, not just gmail.com and googlemail.com accounts.
- Can now view starred articles in the label view.
- Implemented the native ?Share? feature of Google Reader.

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to update this to say I've done a lot with Newsr in the last week or so, so please give it a look if you haven't recently. Tonight I added a few highly requested features:

- Token authorization uses any Google account now, not just gmail.com and googlemail.com accounts.
- Can now view starred articles in the label view.
- Implemented the native ?Share? feature of Google Reader.

Hey Chris love the app. Updated it tonight and it keeps force closing as soon as I log in. Not sure what is going on. Never had problems before.

Sent from my Xoom

Chris Stewart

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
There was a bug with version 1.10 that I noticed just after pushing it. I put out 1.11 shortly after which fixes it. Please check and see if that is available and let me know if you experience issues with it. Sorry for the trouble!

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the fast turn around. It did seem to do the trick and everything seems to be in order and working fine. Will recommend this app to anyone and everyone. Has completely replaced newsrob now that I can read my starred items.

Sent from my Xoom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC