01-24-2012 01:58 PM
565 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Unless I'm missing something, this game still forces portrait. Not very optimized.
    Ok you are correct since I did not even consider playing it in landscape mode haha.

Sorry about that.
    03-29-2011 09:08 PM
    hypocaffeinemia, I have another I'd like to include in the list. Freshly published...

Newsr -- A Honeycomb-only Google Reader app: https://market.android.com/details?i...iswstewart.rss
    03-29-2011 09:13 PM
    i wonder why it doesn't show up in "android featured for Tablets" section ? I would have never known otherwise and got docstogo
    I dunno how Google selects apps for that list, but it's not uncommon for there to be many apps there that are not, in fact, optimized. Of course, there are many dozens of apps that Google doesn't recognize as "for tablets". Hence, my list. So far, it's the most comprehensive thing I can find. It seems like it'd be ridiculously easier for Google to index these apps compared to me, but until that happens...

hypocaffeinemia, I have another I'd like to include in the list. Freshly published...

Newsr -- A Honeycomb-only Google Reader app: https://market.android.com/details?i...iswstewart.rss
    Added, thanks!
    03-30-2011 08:14 AM
    I hope that Newsr gets some serious updates soon. It's pretty barebones. I tried it out for a few minutes, and it didn't load all of my feeds. I also couldn't see folders. Frankly, I think the scaled-up Google Reader app is better.
    03-30-2011 08:33 AM
    I hope that Newsr gets some serious updates soon. It's pretty barebones. I tried it out for a few minutes, and it didn't load all of my feeds. I also couldn't see folders. Frankly, I think the scaled-up Google Reader app is better.
    Thanks for the feedback. It's very much an application I'm iterating on. Maybe I put it out a little too early.

It currently pulls 10 articles back at a time as to not overload the article list with potentially thousands of articles. I'll continue to evaluate what makes sense and move forward with progress on it.

Here are a couple of things I'm working on currently:

- Offline Articles: So you can save articles for offline access later.
    - Share Option: Give you the ability to share an article via Twitter, Facebook, email, etc.
    - Unread Count: To show "10 of 57" or however many unread items you have.
    - Star/Unstar Functionality
    - Starred View: A new view that will only retrieve your starred items.

Do you see value in these features? Any in particular you think would be most beneficial (so I can work on it first)?

You mentioned subscriptions. I generally avoid looking at my feeds by subscription, so that's why it's designed as it is. I'm curious to hear more about how you like to look at your feeds so I can incorporate some of it into the app with updates.
    03-30-2011 10:11 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. It's very much an application I'm iterating on. Maybe I put it out a little too early.

It currently pulls 10 articles back at a time as to not overload the article list with potentially thousands of articles. I'll continue to evaluate what makes sense and move forward with progress on it.

Here are a couple of things I'm working on currently:

- Offline Articles: So you can save articles for offline access later.
    - Share Option: Give you the ability to share an article via Twitter, Facebook, email, etc.
    - Unread Count: To show "10 of 57" or however many unread items you have.
    - Star/Unstar Functionality
    - Starred View: A new view that will only retrieve your starred items.

Do you see value in these features? Any in particular you think would be most beneficial (so I can work on it first)?

You mentioned subscriptions. I generally avoid looking at my feeds by subscription, so that's why it's designed as it is. I'm curious to hear more about how you like to look at your feeds so I can incorporate some of it into the app with updates.
    I like newsrob. I use it everyday, but not at all on honeycomb. I used Google Reader on my cpu. I view my feeds by subscription so that's something I would want. The Newsr app looks promising (from screenshots honestly…I’m at work without my Xoom). My suggestion is to let us choose how many articles we want to download. 10 is way too few. All the features you are currently working on indeed have value. The only thing I have a problem with is you and many others charging $2.99 for a barebones, incomplete app. How about not charging anything until you get this app a little more polished. I’ve paid for apps like this before only to never see any updates. I understand you want to make money, but if you make it free, a lot more people might use it, you’ll get more feedback/ratings…then maybe you can have a free and a paid version. If you make a good enough app, people will pay $2.99 for it. I would, but not now. Just my thoughts. Sorry if I sound at all like an a-hole. I appreciate your efforts for creating this sorely needed app and I have absolutely no idea what it takes to create an app.
    03-30-2011 10:57 AM
    ohai Netflix!

Netflix.apk | mirror
    Does it work well??
    03-30-2011 11:47 AM
    Nevermind, does not work at all. Opens in portrait and won't play any movies. Dang I guess I'll have to keep using playon.
    03-30-2011 02:07 PM
    I like newsrob. I use it everyday, but not at all on honeycomb. I used Google Reader on my cpu. I view my feeds by subscription so that's something I would want. The Newsr app looks promising (from screenshots honestly…I’m at work without my Xoom). My suggestion is to let us choose how many articles we want to download. 10 is way too few. All the features you are currently working on indeed have value. The only thing I have a problem with is you and many others charging $2.99 for a barebones, incomplete app. How about not charging anything until you get this app a little more polished. I’ve paid for apps like this before only to never see any updates. I understand you want to make money, but if you make it free, a lot more people might use it, you’ll get more feedback/ratings…then maybe you can have a free and a paid version. If you make a good enough app, people will pay $2.99 for it. I would, but not now. Just my thoughts. Sorry if I sound at all like an a-hole. I appreciate your efforts for creating this sorely needed app and I have absolutely no idea what it takes to create an app.
    I appreciate the feedback and I take it completely constructively. I did pull the app earlier today, and refunded those that had purchased it, to give myself an opportunity to work more on it. Interestingly enough, shortly after I pulled it someone who bought it asked why and when I explained, they said they found value in it. Go figure.

I'm working on updates and would appreciate more feedback as they come available.
    03-30-2011 03:09 PM
    MooseKnuckle, DerekMorr,

Can you take a look at these and tell me what you think?

http://chriswstewart.com/newsr/screen1.png
    http://chriswstewart.com/newsr/screen2.png

I know it's not quite like using the app to see what I've added. However, the newest version has been published to the Android Market, if you want to take it for a spin. If you don't like it, I'll gladly refund your purchase.
    03-30-2011 03:39 PM
    MooseKnuckle, DerekMorr,

I know it's not quite like using the app to see what I've added. However, the newest version has been published to the Android Market, if you want to take it for a spin. If you don't like it, I'll gladly refund your purchase.
    Looks pretty good and am I'm excited to see devs actively focusing on honeycomb.
    03-30-2011 04:09 PM
    Fuze meeting won't download. Says it is not xoom compatable.
    03-30-2011 04:38 PM
    Does it work well??
    no streaming =(
    03-30-2011 04:42 PM
    MooseKnuckle, DerekMorr,

That looks great! The fragment sizes look perfect. Great overall improvement (at least vs. the screenshots on the market) I will give it a whirl when I get home and let you know any suggestions/comments I may have via e-mail. Thanks!
    03-30-2011 05:20 PM
    That looks great! The fragment sizes look perfect. Great overall improvement (at least vs. the screenshots on the market) I will give it a whirl when I get home and let you know any suggestions/comments I may have via e-mail. Thanks!
    Thank you! I look forward to hearing your feedback and suggestions.
    03-30-2011 06:06 PM
    Fuze meeting won't download. Says it is not xoom compatable.
    Ditto.
    03-30-2011 06:53 PM
    Jorte works for honeycomb. Best calendar Widgets IMO
    03-30-2011 10:12 PM
    Looks good. Btw, does it support SSL? I use my Xoom on public wifi fairly often, so that's a nice feature to have.
    03-31-2011 06:47 AM
    Thank you! I look forward to hearing your feedback and suggestions.
    Just want to give an update to everyone. The Newsr reader app (link to the market) already has had a couple updates and is looking really good. The dev was really quick to respond to any issues i had and made changes based on feedback. Anyone looking for a rss reader...give this a shot as I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I know its $3, but I think its going to be a great app! And thats coming from someone who is pretty picky and pretty frugal when it comes to purchasing apps. Anyways, that's my 2 cents.
    03-31-2011 07:51 AM
    Looks good. Btw, does it support SSL? I use my Xoom on public wifi fairly often, so that's a nice feature to have.
    It does use SSL for authentication. Currently, it does not use SSL for grabbing the data after it has authenticated you.

I'm planning on adding an authentication option soon where it won't require your email/password for authentication with Google. But instead, to pull the Google account being used by the device. That will let users feel that much better because you'll never need to supply your password to use the app. Thanks for the feedback!
    03-31-2011 09:58 AM
    Just want to give an update to everyone. The Newsr reader app (link to the market) already has had a couple updates and is looking really good. The dev was really quick to respond to any issues i had and made changes based on feedback. Anyone looking for a rss reader...give this a shot as I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I know its $3, but I think its going to be a great app! And thats coming from someone who is pretty picky and pretty frugal when it comes to purchasing apps. Anyways, that's my 2 cents.
    Thanks MooseKnuckle, much appreciated!
    03-31-2011 09:59 AM
    RockPlayer lite also works great on the xoom
    03-31-2011 01:16 PM
    Hi here's another Currency app that's for Honeycomb.

ACurrency Pad for Tablet
    03-31-2011 10:45 PM
    Pageonce also seems to be tablet optimized
    03-31-2011 10:47 PM
    Anyone notice the lack of instant messenger apps optimized? As in, there are none. At least that I am aware of. I would really like a Honeycomb one soon, preferably Trillian. I mean, it works, but it's definitely not optimized.
    03-31-2011 10:48 PM
565 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD