The officially unofficial "Optimized For Honeycomb" List (n=292)

Adamd

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I will add that the game ''words with friends'' works really good on the xoom and looks like it is formatted to work on tablets!!!

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
QuickOffice HD is in the Market and blows away Docs To Go as far as usability goes. Looks gorgeous on Honeycomb. Should be a killer app for tablets!

TJH

i wonder why it doesn't show up in "android featured for Tablets" section ? I would have never known otherwise and got docstogo

hypocaffeinemia#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
i wonder why it doesn't show up in "android featured for Tablets" section ? I would have never known otherwise and got docstogo

I dunno how Google selects apps for that list, but it's not uncommon for there to be many apps there that are not, in fact, optimized. Of course, there are many dozens of apps that Google doesn't recognize as "for tablets". Hence, my list. So far, it's the most comprehensive thing I can find. It seems like it'd be ridiculously easier for Google to index these apps compared to me, but until that happens...

hypocaffeinemia, I have another I'd like to include in the list. Freshly published...

Newsr -- A Honeycomb-only Google Reader app: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.chriswstewart.rss

Added, thanks!

DerekMorr

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I hope that Newsr gets some serious updates soon. It's pretty barebones. I tried it out for a few minutes, and it didn't load all of my feeds. I also couldn't see folders. Frankly, I think the scaled-up Google Reader app is better.

Chris Stewart

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I hope that Newsr gets some serious updates soon. It's pretty barebones. I tried it out for a few minutes, and it didn't load all of my feeds. I also couldn't see folders. Frankly, I think the scaled-up Google Reader app is better.

Thanks for the feedback. It's very much an application I'm iterating on. Maybe I put it out a little too early.

It currently pulls 10 articles back at a time as to not overload the article list with potentially thousands of articles. I'll continue to evaluate what makes sense and move forward with progress on it.

Here are a couple of things I'm working on currently:

- Offline Articles: So you can save articles for offline access later.
- Share Option: Give you the ability to share an article via Twitter, Facebook, email, etc.
- Unread Count: To show "10 of 57" or however many unread items you have.
- Star/Unstar Functionality
- Starred View: A new view that will only retrieve your starred items.

Do you see value in these features? Any in particular you think would be most beneficial (so I can work on it first)?

You mentioned subscriptions. I generally avoid looking at my feeds by subscription, so that's why it's designed as it is. I'm curious to hear more about how you like to look at your feeds so I can incorporate some of it into the app with updates.

MooseKnuckle

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. It's very much an application I'm iterating on. Maybe I put it out a little too early.

It currently pulls 10 articles back at a time as to not overload the article list with potentially thousands of articles. I'll continue to evaluate what makes sense and move forward with progress on it.

Here are a couple of things I'm working on currently:

- Offline Articles: So you can save articles for offline access later.
- Share Option: Give you the ability to share an article via Twitter, Facebook, email, etc.
- Unread Count: To show "10 of 57" or however many unread items you have.
- Star/Unstar Functionality
- Starred View: A new view that will only retrieve your starred items.

Do you see value in these features? Any in particular you think would be most beneficial (so I can work on it first)?

You mentioned subscriptions. I generally avoid looking at my feeds by subscription, so that's why it's designed as it is. I'm curious to hear more about how you like to look at your feeds so I can incorporate some of it into the app with updates.

I like newsrob. I use it everyday, but not at all on honeycomb. I used Google Reader on my cpu. I view my feeds by subscription so that's something I would want. The Newsr app looks promising (from screenshots honestly?I?m at work without my Xoom). My suggestion is to let us choose how many articles we want to download. 10 is way too few. All the features you are currently working on indeed have value. The only thing I have a problem with is you and many others charging $2.99 for a barebones, incomplete app. How about not charging anything until you get this app a little more polished. I?ve paid for apps like this before only to never see any updates. I understand you want to make money, but if you make it free, a lot more people might use it, you?ll get more feedback/ratings?then maybe you can have a free and a paid version. If you make a good enough app, people will pay $2.99 for it. I would, but not now. Just my thoughts. Sorry if I sound at all like an a-hole. I appreciate your efforts for creating this sorely needed app and I have absolutely no idea what it takes to create an app.

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
ohai Netflix!

netflix1.png

Netflix.apk | mirror

Does it work well??

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Nevermind, does not work at all. Opens in portrait and won't play any movies. Dang I guess I'll have to keep using playon.

Chris Stewart

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I like newsrob. I use it everyday, but not at all on honeycomb. I used Google Reader on my cpu. I view my feeds by subscription so that's something I would want. The Newsr app looks promising (from screenshots honestly?I?m at work without my Xoom). My suggestion is to let us choose how many articles we want to download. 10 is way too few. All the features you are currently working on indeed have value. The only thing I have a problem with is you and many others charging $2.99 for a barebones, incomplete app. How about not charging anything until you get this app a little more polished. I?ve paid for apps like this before only to never see any updates. I understand you want to make money, but if you make it free, a lot more people might use it, you?ll get more feedback/ratings?then maybe you can have a free and a paid version. If you make a good enough app, people will pay $2.99 for it. I would, but not now. Just my thoughts. Sorry if I sound at all like an a-hole. I appreciate your efforts for creating this sorely needed app and I have absolutely no idea what it takes to create an app.

I appreciate the feedback and I take it completely constructively. I did pull the app earlier today, and refunded those that had purchased it, to give myself an opportunity to work more on it. Interestingly enough, shortly after I pulled it someone who bought it asked why and when I explained, they said they found value in it. Go figure.

I'm working on updates and would appreciate more feedback as they come available.