01-24-2012 01:58 PM
565 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Found this CPU monitor
    Tablet CPU Usage Monitor - https://market.android.com/details?i...uusagesmonitor
    04-16-2011 04:06 PM
    I downloaded the SI app for tablets but I get a FC on any magazine I try to download. Any suggestions to get it running correctly?
    Uninstall and then reinstall. It might help you delete any SI stuff you have on xoom.
    04-16-2011 06:14 PM
    Found this CPU monitor
    Tablet CPU Usage Monitor - https://market.android.com/details?i...uusagesmonitor
    System Panel is much better and works on the XOOM. Not only does it show a graph of ure CPU, but also the usage and battery graphs. The battery graph is the primary reason why I love that program
    04-17-2011 11:14 AM
    System Panel is much better and works on the XOOM. Not only does it show a graph of ure CPU, but also the usage and battery graphs. The battery graph is the primary reason why I love that program
    Oh, haha. I wasn't saying the above app was good or anything. I haven't even installed it. I just stumbled across it and noticed that it was honeycomb optimized so I posted it here.
    04-17-2011 12:22 PM
    I don't see it mentioned anywhere, but Reckless Racing appears to be optimized for Honeycomb. It actually works better on my Xoom than it does on my Thunderbolt.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    04-18-2011 07:45 PM
    Found this today, it doesn't specify Honeycomb yet but it installs and looks like it is made with tablet use in mind.

"Unlock with WiFi unlocks your device when you're connected to your home WiFi network. What does "unlock" mean? It means you don't have to enter your password/pattern/PIN when you turn on your phone. When you're at home, or work, you don't need to worry about losing your phone, so why should you have to enter your password?"

XDA FOrum link: [APP] Unlock With WiFi - Automatically unlock your phone while at home (updated 4/15) - xda-developers

Market Link: https://market.android.com/details?i...unlockwithwifi
    04-19-2011 01:29 PM
    We've just released today HD version of our game.

VolleyBall HD - Honeycomb optimized! Ready for Tablets. HD graphics!

market link
    04-19-2011 05:08 PM
    We just released our new game Dead Rider HD optimized for Honeycomb

Ready for Tablets. HD graphics!

market link
    04-20-2011 09:55 AM
    Are there really no new apps coming out, or is this thread just dead? How many Honey-comb specific apps would you guys say are currently available?
    04-20-2011 12:44 PM
    There are many, many apps that are compatible with Honeycomb. However, at this time there are not too many that are designed from the ground up to run on honeycomb. Also, the OP doesn't constantly update this thread.
    04-20-2011 12:48 PM
    And we still can't stop releasing our new Honeycomb optimized games!

This time it is Millionaire now ready for Honeycomb devices

market link
    04-20-2011 01:36 PM
    There are many, many apps that are compatible with Honeycomb. However, at this time there are not too many that are designed from the ground up to run on honeycomb. Also, the OP doesn't constantly update this thread.
    However although many many do scale to fullscreen on Honeycomb, but many don't seem to recognize that the permanent honeycomb status bar is taking up part of the screen. So many of them scale to exactly 1280x800 but that means that the status bar is covering the bottom part of the fullscreen app.
    04-20-2011 11:08 PM
    Do the Honeycomb compatible apps look like they were made for tablets or do they suffer from the same problems iphone apps have on the iPhone?

I downloaded Doodle Jump on a Xoom in a VZW store and it looked pixelated and generally terrible.
    04-21-2011 12:18 AM
    Yeah some apps are scaled up. Most apps designed for Honeycomb have the menu button in the top right, instead of the status bar at the bottom.
    04-21-2011 07:13 AM
    Kindle has been updated and is now honeycomb optimized.
    04-21-2011 08:45 AM
    Barely lol. It is, but somehow you can't view 2 pages in landscape - you get one oddly stretched page.
    04-21-2011 09:55 AM
    Barely lol. It is, but somehow you can't view 2 pages in landscape - you get one oddly stretched page.
    I think it's a significant upgrade. The menu button has been replaced with the Action Bar,t there's a tabbed organizer for books and periodicals, and the portrait view looks much better. I agree that side-by-side viewing in landscape would be nice, but given all of the other UI fixes, I think this counts as tablet-optimized.
    04-21-2011 11:10 AM
    aCurrency for Tab now has a new version with awesome scrollable widgets... and it's still free !
    04-21-2011 11:16 AM
    I think it's a significant upgrade. The menu button has been replaced with the Action Bar,t there's a tabbed organizer for books and periodicals, and the portrait view looks much better. I agree that side-by-side viewing in landscape would be nice, but given all of the other UI fixes, I think this counts as tablet-optimized.
    Oh no I was just making a joke of it. It IS definitively Honeycomb optimized, I just like how they left out a thing or two. But yes, it's a huge improvement and something I'm glad to see done.
    04-21-2011 11:43 AM
    R3D Groovebox music app is also available as tabled optimized version (HD):

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
    04-21-2011 11:43 AM
    I just noticed this too. I quite like it! (All of my books are freebies tho)
    mfloser likes this.
    04-21-2011 12:25 PM
    always wondered, never tried... can you use the Kindle app to read downloaded books (like .epub) ?

hard to find a good STABLE epub reader for tabs ... closest one is Moon+ ... but turning pages is slow. silly...
    04-21-2011 01:57 PM
    New kindle app works very well. ThinkingSpace a mindmanager app works well on the xoom as well, although may not actually be honeycomb optimized.
    04-21-2011 03:51 PM
    I just noticed this too. I quite like it! (All of my books are freebies tho)
    How did you add epub books to your Kindle app? Right now I'm having to use Nook to use my epub's but I hate that it's not very compatible, and neither is Aldiko which used to be my favorite...

Let me know and I'll send you a link to my Dropbox epub collection if you want.
    04-21-2011 03:55 PM
    I totally wanna know how you added epub files to your kindle app too!!!
    04-21-2011 04:09 PM
565 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD