The officially unofficial "Optimized For Honeycomb" List (n=292)

Newton1221

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Add USA Today to the news apps they released a tablet version yesterday that rocks.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Thanks. I actually find the USA Today tablet optimized app just ok at best. It's optimized, but really pales in comparison so far to the few other news apps optimized for honeycomb.

rohdawgeleven

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Not having purchased this, is it actually optimized for tablets/honeycomb or does it merely work?

I guess it just "merely works"
But it merely works really well. I have come across a few widget based apps that have FC'd on me with my Xoom. I was glad to see BW worked. Just giving folks a heads up.

NVNJ

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I really thought that apps would be flowing a little bit faster than they are. I mean, I purchased a Palm Pre when they first came out and Apps for WebOS were dropping faster. Guess I'm just impatient.

DocSavag

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I really thought that apps would be flowing a little bit faster than they are. I mean, I purchased a Palm Pre when they first came out and Apps for WebOS were dropping faster. Guess I'm just impatient.

This is about what we saw with the iPad too. A lot of apps that already work but few that are optimized for the larger device. It took months for that to be less true for iOS. Hopefully it will be less than that for honeycomb devices. As more devices come online with honeycomb I suspect the development for it will escalate dramatically.

Newton1221

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

The sdk wasn't released until a couple days before the xoom, if it had been released a month ago then we would be seeing more apps

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The Exchange Email program called Touchdown for Tablets is up in the market place and looks great! It's specific to tablets and utilizes all the space excellent, check it out.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

Hmmm... As a long-time Pre user, I really don't remember apps for webOS dropping all that quickly on June 6, 2009 or soon thereafter. In fact, other than the 30 or so the phone shipped with (by devs who'd been given early access to the SDK), we didn't see any new apps for quite some time because the SDK wasn't available.

Google just released the final 3.0 SDK, and so it'll be a few weeks, I'm sure, before most apps have been updated for it. Until then, I find it a little hard to put up webOS as an example of a platform that had quicker/broader app development.

Newton1221

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm... As a long-time Pre user, I really don't remember apps for webOS dropping all that quickly on June 6, 2009 or soon thereafter. In fact, other than the 30 or so the phone shipped with (by devs who'd been given early access to the SDK), we didn't see any new apps for quite some time because the SDK wasn't available.

Google just released the final 3.0 SDK, and so it'll be a few weeks, I'm sure, before most apps have been updated for it. Until then, I find it a little hard to put up webOS as an example of a platform that had quicker/broader app development.

Apps for webOS had to be built from the ground up, apps only need to be optimized for the xoom so I don't think it will take nearly as long

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid