The officially unofficial "Optimized For Honeycomb" List (n=292)

scarblah

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Awesome list...it's probably been said in one of the 17 pages but adding dates next to the app titles would make checking back in much easier. Again thanks for a great resource.

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
REALLY...you've tested video chat for Tango on the XOOM mrsethprice??

Don't know if he tested it but I just did and it works fabulously.

I called my Xoom from my Captivate using Tango, video works great even lets you switch between the the front and rear Xoom cameras. So most definately optimized! LOVE IT!

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if he tested it but I just did and it works fabulously.

I called my Xoom from my Captivate using Tango, video works great even lets you switch between the the front and rear Xoom cameras. So most definately optimized! LOVE IT!

Didn't test it at all. I don't have a XOOM yet. When I updated it on my EVO it said that in the recent changes section

anon(91837)

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Here are a few apps that are working for me:

1) Bible by lifechurch.tv (not optimized for Honeycomb, but works well and at full resolution)
2) ReadItLater
3) SportsTap (for sports scores and news)
4) Seesmic (not optimized for Honeycomb, but full resolution and works great w/ XLarge font seetting -- Twitter/Facebook client)
5) Pandora
6) Amazon Mobile
7) DoubleTwist Player

hypocaffeinemia#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the updates, everyone.

Tango: Not optimized, hardly. It works, sure, but it forces portrait. Not added.
Soundhound: Incorporates some tablet-specific elements. Not fully converted to the new way of things, but definitely good enough for "optimized". Added.

Here are a few apps that are working for me:

1) Bible by lifechurch.tv (not optimized for Honeycomb, but works well and at full resolution)
Not optimized, not added. Tens of thousands of apps work and even work well.

2) ReadItLater
Has this been optimized? The developer's and app's page doesn't indicate anything specific for tablets/honeycomb.
3) SportsTap (for sports scores and news)
Last updated in November. No way is it optimized.

4) Seesmic (not optimized for Honeycomb, but full resolution and works great w/ XLarge font seetting -- Twitter/Facebook client)
Again, not optimized.

5) Pandora
definitely not optimized.

6) Amazon Mobile
Not been updated for close to a year and a half.

7) DoubleTwist Player
Works great but not optimized yet, unfortunately.

Added tonight:

• Soundhound
  • Picsay Pro (free version is still from November so I dunno if it's optimized yet).
  • Proximity Screen off (apparently lets you gesture over light sensor to turn off screen)
  • Animals for Tablets (children's game)
  • Status Bar Volume (hack that should really be built into honeycomb...)
  • xWeather Complete- cool new weather app made just for Xoom.
  • Fast Calorie Counter for Honeycomb
  • Snaml Book - not quite sure what this is, but it's made for honeycomb...

Keep the suggestions coming! The main way I find these apps is either your suggestions or PMs, or a rudimentary multiple searches of the market with keywords "xoom", "honeycomb", "tablet", "3.0", etc. then reviewing when it was last updated (hint: if its last update was before Feb. 24th, it probably isn't optimized yet), reading what the dev says, and when the app is free, testing it on my own xoom.

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for maintaining this thread hypocaffeinemia, and thanks also for adding the dates into the first post - that will help quite a bit keeping up with what's new!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech