The officially unofficial "Optimized For Honeycomb" List (n=292)

hypocaffeinemia#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
MooseKnuckle, DerekMorr,

Can you take a look at these and tell me what you think?

http://chriswstewart.com/newsr/screen1.png
http://chriswstewart.com/newsr/screen2.png

I know it's not quite like using the app to see what I've added. However, the newest version has been published to the Android Market, if you want to take it for a spin. If you don't like it, I'll gladly refund your purchase.

Looks pretty good and am I'm excited to see devs actively focusing on honeycomb.

MooseKnuckle

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
MooseKnuckle, DerekMorr,

Can you take a look at these and tell me what you think?

http://chriswstewart.com/newsr/screen1.png
http://chriswstewart.com/newsr/screen2.png

I know it's not quite like using the app to see what I've added. However, the newest version has been published to the Android Market, if you want to take it for a spin. If you don't like it, I'll gladly refund your purchase.

That looks great! The fragment sizes look perfect. Great overall improvement (at least vs. the screenshots on the market) I will give it a whirl when I get home and let you know any suggestions/comments I may have via e-mail. Thanks!

Chris Stewart

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
That looks great! The fragment sizes look perfect. Great overall improvement (at least vs. the screenshots on the market) I will give it a whirl when I get home and let you know any suggestions/comments I may have via e-mail. Thanks!

Thank you! I look forward to hearing your feedback and suggestions.

MooseKnuckle

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Thank you! I look forward to hearing your feedback and suggestions.
Just want to give an update to everyone. The Newsr reader app (link to the market) already has had a couple updates and is looking really good. The dev was really quick to respond to any issues i had and made changes based on feedback. Anyone looking for a rss reader...give this a shot as I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I know its $3, but I think its going to be a great app! And thats coming from someone who is pretty picky and pretty frugal when it comes to purchasing apps. Anyways, that's my 2 cents.

Chris Stewart

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Looks good. Btw, does it support SSL? I use my Xoom on public wifi fairly often, so that's a nice feature to have.

It does use SSL for authentication. Currently, it does not use SSL for grabbing the data after it has authenticated you.

I'm planning on adding an authentication option soon where it won't require your email/password for authentication with Google. But instead, to pull the Google account being used by the device. That will let users feel that much better because you'll never need to supply your password to use the app. Thanks for the feedback!

Chris Stewart

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Just want to give an update to everyone. The Newsr reader app (link to the market) already has had a couple updates and is looking really good. The dev was really quick to respond to any issues i had and made changes based on feedback. Anyone looking for a rss reader...give this a shot as I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I know its $3, but I think its going to be a great app! And thats coming from someone who is pretty picky and pretty frugal when it comes to purchasing apps. Anyways, that's my 2 cents.

Thanks MooseKnuckle, much appreciated!

nikolasmason

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone notice the lack of instant messenger apps optimized? As in, there are none. At least that I am aware of. I would really like a Honeycomb one soon, preferably Trillian. I mean, it works, but it's definitely not optimized.

musashiken

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
You should add this game that is optimized for Nvidia Tegra.

It's not exactly made for Honeycomb but the developer recently fixed a touch screen issue for Honeycomb so it should work pretty well on it.

Spectral Souls

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34