The officially unofficial "Optimized For Honeycomb" List (n=292)

musashiken

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
There are many, many apps that are compatible with Honeycomb. However, at this time there are not too many that are designed from the ground up to run on honeycomb. Also, the OP doesn't constantly update this thread.

However although many many do scale to fullscreen on Honeycomb, but many don't seem to recognize that the permanent honeycomb status bar is taking up part of the screen. So many of them scale to exactly 1280x800 but that means that the status bar is covering the bottom part of the fullscreen app.

Steve_Jobs

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Do the Honeycomb compatible apps look like they were made for tablets or do they suffer from the same problems iphone apps have on the iPhone?

I downloaded Doodle Jump on a Xoom in a VZW store and it looked pixelated and generally terrible.

siscim23

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah some apps are scaled up. Most apps designed for Honeycomb have the menu button in the top right, instead of the status bar at the bottom.

DerekMorr

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Barely lol. It is, but somehow you can't view 2 pages in landscape - you get one oddly stretched page.

I think it's a significant upgrade. The menu button has been replaced with the Action Bar,t there's a tabbed organizer for books and periodicals, and the portrait view looks much better. I agree that side-by-side viewing in landscape would be nice, but given all of the other UI fixes, I think this counts as tablet-optimized.

reagan247

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I think it's a significant upgrade. The menu button has been replaced with the Action Bar,t there's a tabbed organizer for books and periodicals, and the portrait view looks much better. I agree that side-by-side viewing in landscape would be nice, but given all of the other UI fixes, I think this counts as tablet-optimized.

Oh no I was just making a joke of it. It IS definitively Honeycomb optimized, I just like how they left out a thing or two. But yes, it's a huge improvement and something I'm glad to see done.

MitchRapp

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
always wondered, never tried... can you use the Kindle app to read downloaded books (like .epub) ?

hard to find a good STABLE epub reader for tabs ... closest one is Moon+ ... but turning pages is slow. silly...

mfriedman79

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
New kindle app works very well. ThinkingSpace a mindmanager app works well on the xoom as well, although may not actually be honeycomb optimized.

reagan247

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I just noticed this too. I quite like it! :) (All of my books are freebies tho) :-[

How did you add epub books to your Kindle app? Right now I'm having to use Nook to use my epub's but I hate that it's not very compatible, and neither is Aldiko which used to be my favorite...

Let me know and I'll send you a link to my Dropbox epub collection if you want.

chaz_uk

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
How did you add epub books to your Kindle app? Right now I'm having to use Nook to use my epub's but I hate that it's not very compatible, and neither is Aldiko which used to be my favorite...

Let me know and I'll send you a link to my Dropbox epub collection if you want.

Mine aren't ePubs, they are some of the free books I've gotten off of Amazon. Sorry! :(

jsls

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
How did you add epub books to your Kindle app?

Plug in your Xoom, browse your files and in the Kindle folder there should be another folder called my documents. Place your epub files in there and when you launch Kindle all your books will be available. :D

joereist

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Plug in your Xoom, browse your files and in the Kindle folder there should be another folder called my documents. Place your epub files in there and when you launch Kindle all your books will be available. :D

This didn't work for me....the folder didn't exist, creating one called 'my documents' didn't result in the contents being available in Kindle

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney