Xoom on ... Sprint and T-Mobile?

toddjy

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I went to the Android Central Store to look at covers for the Xoom, and when I pointed to the device to select it, a bubble pops up that lists Sprint and T-Mobile alongside Verizon as carriers. Is this a mistake, or does the AC Store know something that even AC itself doesn't know?

I was reminded that I don't know if I'm going to get a Xoom. Having to pay for the 4g upgrade when I don't even want 3g on top of the requirement to activate for a month was just too much when I only want a wifi only device. If the wifi only Xoom is available before any other 10 inch wifi only Honeycomb tablet, then I'll get the Xoom; but if someone else gets a 10 inch wifi only Honeycomb tablet out first, then Motorola losses out on my money.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Just a couple of quick corrections... The 4G upgrade will be free. And Verizon dropped the requirement to activate for a month.

toddjy

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Just a couple of quick corrections... The 4G upgrade will be free. And Verizon dropped the requirement to activate for a month.

If the upgrade is "free", then it means we're paying for it in the original purchase price. I would rather have the option to upgrade and pay the cost then, and not pay the cost in the initial purchase price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz