Play itunes digital copies on xoom?

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I love my xoom! I would love it even more if I could find a way to play my dozen or so itunes digital copies from blurays that are stored in itunes on my imac G5 non intel 10.5.6. I have been doing some research and it seems all that needs to be done is the m4v file from itunes needs to be converted into a file the xoom can play I guess this removes the DRM?. I have searched the net and came up with the Emicsoft MP4 converter for mac mac m4v to mp4 converter - free m4v to mp4 converter foe mac, convert m4v to mp4. The program claims to be able to do exactly what I need the free version is only good for 5 minute videos which I don't have any to test. I don't want to waste $35 and find out it wont work. Has anyone ever used this program with success or is there a better option out there? Why can't the xoom just play m4v files? ugh. Thanks guys!

strauss884

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Noteburner or tunes4mac. These both work and you need to pay for them. They allow you to take a minute of any file to test it. I tested and they work fine. I just haven't bit the bullet and bought one yet.

Reactions: CypherMax

raidil

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Im not sure you have to convert it to MP I have an in unchanged iTunes video on my Xoom it is still in m4v and works fine.

strauss884

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Im not sure you have to convert it to MP I have an in unchanged iTunes video on my Xoom it is still in m4v and works fine.

How'd you do this without removing the DRM? It isn't so much the file type as it is the licensing stuff apple puts on their movies.

raidil

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
well the movie I had just had a folder on it with iTunes copy and wmp copy that that was ready to drag and drop so I did and it played in M4v....
O and I don't have iTunes im not much of an apple fan.

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Noteburner or tunes4mac. These both work and you need to pay for them. They allow you to take a minute of any file to test it. I tested and they work fine. I just haven't bit the bullet and bought one yet.

Thanks, noteburner worked great. Its so good to have a way to play all these movies on the xoom when on a trip or something. Now we just need the micro sd enabled so I have plenty of room for content.