06-04-2012 02:29 AM
222 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Has anyone figured out a way yet for the Incredible to Tether to the Xoom?
    03-29-2011 03:17 PM
    does this work with the wifi xoom? thanks
    03-29-2011 04:27 PM
    <<I am able to pair my Droid X with the Xoom but they will not stay connected they connect just for a second then it goes back to paired but not connected->>

The Droid X can generate a wifi hotspot. Why not do this instead of tethering?

BTW, the bluetooth tether technique does not work with the original Droid.
    03-29-2011 06:27 PM
    I followed the directions for pairing my Evo with the Xoom. They are able to pair with each other but not to get a connection. It says "paired but not connected."

I've rebooted the Evo and Xoom and tried it again and that didn't work. So next I turned off wifi on the Xoom (do not have Verizon 3G contract). It still doesn't connect.

After doing all of this, the only options in Bluetooth Settings on the Xoom are "Rename device" and "unpair." I've also tried putting the Xoom in airplane mode first and then trying to connect and it's still not working.

I'm wondering if this has something to do with having PDANet installed on the Evo and debugging mode turned on.

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions how to get the Xoom connected to the Internet using my Evo I'd sure appreciate the advice.
    Exact same for me. Rooted EVO and unrooted wifi only xoom. I cannot tether nor can I just get them to connect via bluetooth. Yes I clicked on pair and nothing happens. This is extremely frustrating because phone tether was one of the reasons I bought wifi only xoom.
    03-29-2011 11:26 PM
    I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I am not the dullest either. I have read most all of the posts, and I know it was stated this was mainly for the wifi version which I have, but I don't have the setting for bluetooth tethering when I click on the wrench or anywhere for that matter. All I get on the Xoom is the option to change my phone's name or to unpair the Xoom from my phone. I don't recall seeing anyone else saying that this is what they have too. I have Samsung Fascinate is this a no go function between these two devices, or am I just over looking something?
    03-30-2011 02:03 PM
    I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I am not the dullest either. I have read most all of the posts, and I know it was stated this was mainly for the wifi version which I have, but I don't have the setting for bluetooth tethering when I click on the wrench or anywhere for that matter. All I get on the Xoom is the option to change my phone's name or to unpair the Xoom from my phone. I don't recall seeing anyone else saying that this is what they have too. I have Samsung Fascinate is this a no go function between these two devices, or am I just over looking something?
    yup. exactly my thoughts. So, I'm. not sure what are some of these guys are talking about. There's no option to tether under the wrench icon, just like you've stated.
    03-30-2011 02:44 PM
    My 3g shutting off fixed itself when going to Gingerbread leak on DroidX. So my problem was a ROM problem I'm thinking. The speeds are much better too, but with the stock unrooted 3g hotspot app working for some reason its hard to decide which is better to tether with.

Its looking like extended use kills the battery slightly worse with 3ghotspot. Ease of connection is about as easy for both methods.

Options are nice!

Here are pics of bt tethering

03-30-2011 05:55 PM
    does this work with the wifi xoom? thanks
    yes it worked for me droid x and xoom wifi kills your phone batt just so you know
    03-31-2011 12:12 AM
    I got the Xoom to tether to my Xoom, I actually had to pair the atrix to the Xoom under the Wifi Tether for Root Users App. When you activate the tethering the phone becomes discoverable so the Xoom can pair to it. The under the wrench, tethering its a option on Xoom. I am getting better speeds as well.
    03-31-2011 01:22 AM
    I got the Xoom to tether to my Xoom, I actually had to pair the atrix to the Xoom under the Wifi Tether for Root Users App. When you activate the tethering the phone becomes discoverable so the Xoom can pair to it. The under the wrench, tethering its a option on Xoom. I am getting better speeds as well.
    Yo dawg, I heard you like to tether your Xoom to your Xoom so I put a Xoom tether in your Xoom.
    03-31-2011 09:25 AM
    works for my dx and wifi xoom. Thanks!
    03-31-2011 11:26 AM
    Does this work with n1 and xoom wifi? I tried it and didn't see the tether setting under bluetooth config.
    03-31-2011 02:53 PM
    It is just not working with a wifi xoom and htc evo. I can get wireless tether to work via wifi but not bluetooth (can't even get them to just connect via bluetooth, never mind tethering). And if wifi is available, I don't need my phone to tether to it.....

I'm getting extremely frustrated. If I can't get this to work I may return the xoom.
    03-31-2011 10:17 PM
    Wait, if you can wifi tether to work why do you care about bluetooth tether?
    03-31-2011 10:22 PM
    This works on OG droid. The problem most people have been having is some ROMs or Kernals don't support the bluetooth tether. I've had no luck with any of Pete's GPA ROMS. CM7 works, I have had the tether working on nightly 32 and RC4
    03-31-2011 10:49 PM
    This works on OG droid. The problem most people have been having is some ROMs or Kernals don't support the bluetooth tether. I've had no luck with any of Pete's GPA ROMS. CM7 works, I have had the tether working on nightly 32 and RC4
    I've tried two different roms (one sense, one nonsense), I've formatted both and went back to scratch in case there was something messing it up, I've named / renamed both, I've done it all. I'm going to go try the CM7 now......
    03-31-2011 10:51 PM
    It is just not working with a wifi xoom and htc evo. I can get wireless tether to work via wifi but not bluetooth (can't even get them to just connect via bluetooth, never mind tethering). And if wifi is available, I don't need my phone to tether to it.....

I'm getting extremely frustrated. If I can't get this to work I may return the xoom.
    Wait, if you can wifi tether to work why do you care about bluetooth tether?
    Lmao, Right? I love my DX, but its a phone that's already a year old. Its gonna get replaced by a dual core in a year for a good price with n2e2. I don't see another tablet in my future for a bit, but that's just me on a conservative budget.

So instead of returning the Xoom look at your next phone and make sure it can BT tether or whatever option you want. How long have you had the EVO?
    03-31-2011 11:00 PM
    ya can anyone make any progress in the htc evo-xoom bluetooth tether problem. i have tried everything. any pros out there have any solutions. this has to work
    04-01-2011 11:28 AM
    This is my situations as well: WIFI only Xoom, Tmobile G2 NOT rooted.
    I eagerly await the more brilliant minds' solutions!
    04-04-2011 08:42 AM
    AWESOME!! Works perfect with my Droid 2 and my Wifi only XOOM. Thanks so much for the info.....
    04-08-2011 08:27 AM
    This is my situations as well: WIFI only Xoom, Tmobile G2 NOT rooted.
    I eagerly await the more brilliant minds' solutions!
    I have a rooted Nexus One and there was no tether option neither.
    I used 'wifi tether for root users' app in order to have the tether option available, it will appear in the 'profiles' section.
    I know it may not help you a lot because this app needs root but it's how I get it working.

Julien
    04-09-2011 12:27 PM
    I can't connect with a Nexus S, oh well not like I actually needed it anyways....

EDIT: I am also seeing a pattern it has only been working on Motorola devices not on HTC, Samsung or LG devices, people have gotten it working on iOS but that's about it, unless the other 4 pages I didn't read actually had 8 people getting it working on Samsung devices etc. Anyone without a Motorola device got this working?
    04-10-2011 01:48 AM
    Thanks for the info..it made setup super easy between my wifi xoom and DX on Verizon!

While were on blue tooth and tethering, how are people sharing files (music, docs et.) between desktop /phone with xoom?
    04-10-2011 06:28 PM
    Worked great with my Droid X...doesn't work with my Thunderbolt =(
    04-10-2011 07:28 PM
    "Wireless Tether" worked for me using EVO with xoom wireless. Instructions sa rooting the EVO is optional. Once instaled on EVO and Xoom, start it on EVO, then it will be visible on Xoom for a bluetooth connection. Xoom wifi only does not have a tethering option in the wireless& Network section
    04-10-2011 11:20 PM
222 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD