Unable to install purchased apps to Xoom...

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
When I click buy the first time and select my CC, it gets hung up on "Waiting to install" and never installs. I've done this with two sepeerate apps so it appears to be Xoom or market related, not app specific. I tried phonemypc and the tegra solitaire game.

This started last night; I can see my purchase in Google Checkout history and market.android.com show my purchase is "complete", however the BUY button is still there wanting me to buy again.

Anyone else?

edit: I have restarted and cleared the market cache + data, same issue

Last edited:

markot86

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting the same issue, what's worse is that I still got charged for the apps as well. Hopefully Google will fix this soon

skubiszm

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem. Seems to go away after a restart.

I did purchase an app, it shows up in my purchase history, but I never downloaded the app. I submitted a ticket with Google, we will see if it gets resolved.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
There seems to be a lot of glitches in HC that Google needs to get worked out. I've had what the original poster had happen plus, apps having to force close here & there.

I'm started to wonder if they rushed this tablet out too soon.

markot86

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
There's no doubt that they rushed it, the question is whether they can fix it before the 14 day return window passes. Oh and also, why is it only a 14 day return window? I think that verizon and motorola may have shot themselves in the foot with that one.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I think the fact that this is happening to so many of us indicates a system-wide problem that will be resolved. I'm going to have some patience...

Oh, and I'll add that although the game I tried to purchase shows up that way in my account, I did NOT receive the typical email about the purchase. So, I'm kind of guessing that my credit card wasn't actually charged, and that the problem is somewhere between the Market and the actual processing of purchases/charges.

Flavy

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue when trying to order Monster Madness. It also looks like I was charged twice on Google Checkout since I tried to download it twice.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
There's no doubt that they rushed it, the question is whether they can fix it before the 14 day return window passes. Oh and also, why is it only a 14 day return window? I think that verizon and motorola may have shot themselves in the foot with that one.

I think it's pretty much assumed that Verizon implemented the 14-day return policy in preparation for the iPhone 4 (it was changed in January). It has nothing whatsoever to do with Motorola--for example, I have the full 90-day return policy from Costco.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I think the HC market was already updated 4 times, (one initial out of date pop up, then 3 updates via the market on day 1, I know when I get the first new client now I only have to do one update) - So I think they are working on all these issues.

It'd be nice to have a) a way to leave feed back b) see the apps I already have installed.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me last night. I purchased FruitNinjaTHD and after putting payment info in and it was processing it gave me an error saying could not complete. I said meh no big deal ill deal with it later. Then 2 seconds later I got an email for payment confirmation. When I went back to the app in the market place it said "Install" not "Buy". So I went into "My Apps" and it was all the way at the bottom under "Uninstalled". Just clicked on "Install" and it worked perfectly fine. Possibly just a glitch with the OS3 Market?

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
There seems to be a lot of glitches in HC that Google needs to get worked out. I've had what the original poster had happen plus, apps having to force close here & there.

I'm started to wonder if they rushed this tablet out too soon.

It's clear that they rushed it to market. Given the fact that we will have send it back to get the 4g upgrade on it.

I think ultimately we are all beta testers for the Xoom at this point.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me last night. I purchased FruitNinjaTHD and after putting payment info in and it was processing it gave me an error saying could not complete. I said meh no big deal ill deal with it later. Then 2 seconds later I got an email for payment confirmation. When I went back to the app in the market place it said "Install" not "Buy". So I went into "My Apps" and it was all the way at the bottom under "Uninstalled". Just clicked on "Install" and it worked perfectly fine. Possibly just a glitch with the OS3 Market?

Your issue sounds different. Our's never changes to "install" and we never get the email...

Glad your's was resolved though! Must be nice! :D

markot86

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It's clear that they rushed it to market. Given the fact that we will have send it back to get the 4g upgrade on it.

I think ultimately we are all beta testers for the Xoom at this point.
Yep, that's fair to say. Its been confirmed that google will be in charge of the updates for this thing right?

inkmantpa

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
The Google thread linked above is mine. My credit card was indeed charged. You typically get two emails when you purchase,pretty quick in succession. I only got the first one. I'm not sure it is a Zoom issue, as it is showing as purchased in the purchase history on the web, but also showing the buy button...so it is messed up on Zoom but also on web. I'm going to try to purchase from web and see what happens. I can always have credit card company charge back the charge if it doesn't work.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The Google thread linked above is mine. My credit card was indeed charged. You typically get two emails when you purchase,pretty quick in succession. I only got the first one. I'm not sure it is a Zoom issue, as it is showing as purchased in the purchase history on the web, but also showing the buy button...so it is messed up on Zoom but also on web. I'm going to try to purchase from web and see what happens. I can always have credit card company charge back the charge if it doesn't work.

awesome let me know how that works. I tried to purchase another application today from the market and I got the same problem again. now 3 apps I cant use.

Edit: I was able to purchase and install from the market website. I haven't tried from the actual market again yet.

Last edited:

inkmantpa

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I was able to purchase and install same app from the web based market. Luckily, the developer had just issued a refund for the first one. He also mentioned that he had received a number of emails from Xoom owners with the same issue. He's thinking it's a glitch with the Market, and not the Xoom. He is a great developer, even sent me the .apk for the app

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21