SpeakerDesign

secrethouse92

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, let me preface this by saying the Xoom is without question a top tier device. Its performance is all its cracked up to be. Honeycomb is just awesome too. Better than I'd hoped actually.
I bought a Xoom knowing that I prefer a smaller tablet size but I had to get down with Honeycomb asap! its just so much fun being involved with Android at this stage in its growth. I knew that if I truly fell in love with this tablet, however, I'd be thrilled to keep it and wait til next year and see where the industry is on smaller tablets. In the long run despite its heavy feel and a few buggy aspects(auto rotate's laggy behavior) I DO love the Xoom but it blows my mind that they'd put the speakers on the back. Especially on a device which for most is a multimedia piece. The speakers themselves sound fine but they're on the frickin' back! You'll never get direct sound and if u lay it down...forget about it. Of course you could use headphones but if I HAVE to do something out of necessity then perhaps its not the right product. This for me is an unfortunate dealbreaker. The Galaxy Tab's speakers were on the side and worked great. At least u were in theremote ballpark of their output. Anyone. else put off enough by this to return their Xoom as well?

woodsb123

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Don't forget, this is a portable device just like a smartphone. Just get a good pair of headphones and you should be set. No great speakers needed!!!!!!

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps a good bluetooth speaker like the Motorola EQ7, or even the speaker dock would be options to consider. The EQ7 will also run on batteries. I don't know about the dock though.