can you rename pics?

MrVM

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the XOOM today.

I was told by the sales guy that I could download pics that are emailed to me, rename them and send them out as needed.

I opened a pic from my web-based email account. This my email from my own company website.

Pic loaded to the tablet gallery. BUT, I have not found any way at all to rename the pics.

How can this be done.

For my work, I need to receive, sometimes simple edit the pics, then send them to my customers. Many times quickly.

can I rename the pics? ?

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can. The simplest way is to use a 3rd party file manager (Free Apps).

I personally use ES File Explorer and think its great:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&feature=search_result

Others swear by Astro File Manager
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.metago.astro&feature=search_result

Once you have one installed open it go to your download folder (make sure you're looking on your "SD card". Not actually the sd card but android calls the portion of storage not for the OS the sd card.) and they should be there. usually a long press on the item will bring up options one of which should be rename.

MrVM

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
ES file explorer is a great solution!

I even downloaded all the files off a usb drive (connected to my laptop), about 10GB. All of these folders went into one file. most are jpgs with related word docs. I can see all the folders with labels. I can open a folder, select the image or doc and open it. I can rename any folder or jpg/doc too!
At first there wasn't a thumbnail, but I was able to make changes to the settings. each time I open a foder I can see a thumbnail of each jpg. This is EXTREMELY helpful when trying to find the right image.

The only issue is that all these folders went into my gallery too. Can't edit pics if I open them from Gallery. Not a big deal since I can access all through ES file explorer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2