What is draining my battery?

jherm04

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Battery life was phenomenal out of the box.

It's still pretty damn good, but is going quicker. What settings in the following downloaded apps are affecting my better life and worth turning off? I assume it's probably mostly the weather apps.

Beautiful Widgets
AirAttack HD
Body
TegraZone
Weatherbug
Thumb Keyboard
Logitech Harmony
Shortyz (Crosswords)
IMdB
Accuweather
USA Today
Alburm Art Grabber
Twitter
Movies
CNN

JZambrano

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Probably the weather apps, maybe CNN, depending on how often you have it to update and an emails...if you have any. What Ive been doing lately is putting it on airplane mode whe. I'm not using it. It saves a TON of battery. Yea..stuff doesn't. Update and you dont get emails...but it updates when. You take off of airplane mode.

Hope you find the problem.

Mistawho

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I would look into changing how often things update. Like how often widget, weather, news, etc updates. Mine still last forever!

Carlos Thomas

Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I am getting about 8 hours and 20 minutes on average of actual display "ON" time according to the battery settings. I am on WiFi 100% of the time. When I am not using the device I go into Airplane mode. I have Weather Bug, CNN, YouTube, Exchange Mail & Exchange Calendar widgets running. I read/compose e-mails and surf the web mostly. I don't play games, listen to music or watch movies (other than YouTube).

I have an iPad and it gets around 9 hours and 40 minutes on average. 1 hour 20 minutes more.

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Battery life was phenomenal out of the box.

It's still pretty damn good, but is going quicker. What settings in the following downloaded apps are affecting my better life and worth turning off? I assume it's probably mostly the weather apps.

Beautiful Widgets
AirAttack HD
Body
TegraZone
Weatherbug
Thumb Keyboard
Logitech Harmony
Shortyz (Crosswords)
IMdB
Accuweather
USA Today
Alburm Art Grabber
Twitter
Movies
CNN
Did you check out Settings > About Phone > Battery Usage? it should list the biggest power consumers. For me it's always "Display" (at 70% right now), but my next biggest is a tie between Music and "Tablet idle", both at 6%. Your power hog should be at the top, so once you identify it, go into that app and like others said, look at any settings for how often it updates and adjust it to be less frequent to see if that makes a difference.

jherm04

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Did you check out Settings > About Phone > Battery Usage? it should list the biggest power consumers. For me it's always "Display" (at 70% right now), but my next biggest is a tie between Music and "Tablet idle", both at 6%. Your power hog should be at the top, so once you identify it, go into that app and like others said, look at any settings for how often it updates and adjust it to be less frequent to see if that makes a difference.

I hadn't come across the battery usage info. That's a great feature. Here are my stats:

Display: 70%
Android OS: 9%
Tablet idle: 6%
Wi-Fi: 5%

It doesn't sem like I have many options to increase battery life based on the above. I find the auto-brightness setting to always be too dim so I generally have brightness turned up which I'm sure is the main culprit.

Where can I find my time on average of actual display "on" time as mentioned by Carlos Thomas?

garbanian

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
All I can say is a great tool I've found to help with battery life is Advanced App Killer. Some apps just don't wanna shut down, so I use that. Keeps the battery going a bit longer.

jherm04

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Probably the weather apps, maybe CNN, depending on how often you have it to update and an emails...if you have any. What Ive been doing lately is putting it on airplane mode whe. I'm not using it. It saves a TON of battery. Yea..stuff doesn't. Update and you dont get emails...but it updates when. You take off of airplane mode.

Hope you find the problem.

Where is the option to select update frequency in the CNN app? I don't see any settings or menu options.

Carlos Thomas

Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Where can I find my time on average of actual display "on" time as mentioned by Carlos Thomas?

Click on the DISPLAY information where it shows your percentage. Then it will show you HOURS MINUTES & SECONDS. There you will see something like 7 hrs 23 mins 51 sec.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX