Xoom Portfolio Case Mod II: Charging Port

wedge40

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok I modified my case and here is a photo.
Used my dremel and xacto knife to cut the hole.
Not super pretty, but at least it's functional now.
I do plan on putting either some epoxy or other glue around the edge to keep it clean looking.

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I used the end of an RCA Cable. I pulled out the pin, cut the end off, lined it up, held it in place with a pair of pliers and banged away with a hammer. It is EXACTLY the right size.

Reactions: skelzer

stopsign002

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Fantastic job. I have no problem doing little mods like this and end up having to do them a lot on my stuff. Definitely going to do this. Might use my dremel though. It generally just does everything I need it to do really well.

stopsign002

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
What material is the case made of? Appears to be almost a fabric? Its the case I plan on getting when I buy my Xoom with my tax refund

skelzer

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Fantastic job. I have no problem doing little mods like this and end up having to do them a lot on my stuff. Definitely going to do this. Might use my dremel though. It generally just does everything I need it to do really well.

Suggest avoiding a dremel. Case has a fabric weave, could end up pretty messy....

wedge40

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

I used a point tip grinder from my dremel and placed painters tape on outside to limit tear out. The outside is plastic so go slow so it don't melt. It worked fine, just wish my hands were more steady

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Took me a while to find a perfect fit with a pen.... wish I had thought of the RCA cable, they're everywhere. Good stuff!

I know right? I was finaly able to justify to my wife why I was saving all of those rca cables that came with all of our old vcr's and dvd players since everything we have is hdmi now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2