Anyone who ordered with the 25% still not get their xoom?

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I ordered on the 24th with next day shipping and have litterally called moto every day last week and still have not received my xoom despite being told every day that it was "shipping today". This pisses me off so much that I am likely to never buy another moto product again.:mad:

jchien

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
Mine finally shipped Wednesday night last week. It was shipped ground so I should have it by tomorrow. According to the tracking info it is somewhere between my local sorting destination and Hodgkins IL.

My accessories that were free for compensation since their customer service sucks is being shipped today. I was able to find the order by the reference number with Fedex. That will be here tomorrow as well.

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine finally shipped Wednesday night last week. It was shipped ground so I should have it by tomorrow. According to the tracking info it is somewhere between my local sorting destination and Hodgkins IL.

My accessories that were free for compensation since their customer service sucks is being shipped today. I was able to find the order by the reference number with Fedex. That will be here tomorrow as well.

Do you have an email or phone number for whoever you spoke to about this at Moto?

chaguewood

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I got mine 8 days after ordering on 2 day shipping. Sorry to hear you haven't got a response or anything from them that is accurate!

legacy23

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I ordered on the 24th with next day shipping and have litterally called moto every day last week and still have not received my xoom despite being told every day that it was "shipping today". This pisses me off so much that I am likely to never buy another moto product again.:mad:

I'm in the exact same situation as you....I just got off the phone with someone 5 minutes ago and was told that I would get a call back within the next few hours.....I think they're holding and just waiting for me to cancel it....I'm not too worried about it tho because I have the one I bought from vzw still

jchien

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the exact same situation as you....I just got off the phone with someone 5 minutes ago and was told that I would get a call back within the next few hours.....I think they're holding and just waiting for me to cancel it....I'm not too worried about it tho because I have the one I bought from vzw still

You can't cancel the order trust me I tried. Try emailing the people I posted a couple of posts up. That is how I got resolution.

legacy23

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
You can't cancel the order trust me I tried. Try emailing the people I posted a couple of posts up. That is how I got resolution.

Oh, no I wouldn't cancel it if they paid me. I plan to sell it as soon as I get it. But I will definitely try emailing to people you suggested, thanks for the help.

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I called the 866 number back again today and spoke with a "supervisor" who admitted that she is not in the US, and after telling me again that it would ship "today" told me that she really has no idea when it would ship because it's up to the warehouse. I then called a different Moto number and got ahold of some one in the US who took my name and number and told me I'd receive another call today. So I then received a call from someone actually in Illinois, not outside of the US like everyone else I had spoken to. She was very nice and said she was in the process of calling multiple people but the story is this: My item will never ship because of "the system" and that I would have to go to the online store and re-order. I asked her about the discount and she said that that wasn't her department but that any discounts available could be applied (nonsense). I then reaffirmed that they would not be sending the Xoom and that my card would not be charged.

So to make a long story short: I will not reorder the Xoom, no matter how great or how much potential it has. I'm not willing to go through the hassle of trying to get the discount again, and honestly I am appalled at the deceitful behavior Moto has shown with regards to the shipping of this item. It will be a very very long time before I ever purchase another device from them or recommend them to any one. It may not matter as I'm just one guy, but if this type of thing happens often, they can really get a bad name and find themselves in the same situation they were in prior to the Droid. Say what you want about Apple, but their customer service is top notch.

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I ordered mine on the 24th and still have not received it. I do have a tracking number though that says it will be delivered tomorrow.

jchien

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
I called the 866 number back again today and spoke with a "supervisor" who admitted that she is not in the US, and after telling me again that it would ship "today" told me that she really has no idea when it would ship because it's up to the warehouse. I then called a different Moto number and got ahold of some one in the US who took my name and number and told me I'd receive another call today. So I then received a call from someone actually in Illinois, not outside of the US like everyone else I had spoken to. She was very nice and said she was in the process of calling multiple people but the story is this: My item will never ship because of "the system" and that I would have to go to the online store and re-order. I asked her about the discount and she said that that wasn't her department but that any discounts available could be applied (nonsense). I then reaffirmed that they would not be sending the Xoom and that my card would not be charged.

So to make a long story short: I will not reorder the Xoom, no matter how great or how much potential it has. I'm not willing to go through the hassle of trying to get the discount again, and honestly I am appalled at the deceitful behavior Moto has shown with regards to the shipping of this item. It will be a very very long time before I ever purchase another device from them or recommend them to any one. It may not matter as I'm just one guy, but if this type of thing happens often, they can really get a bad name and find themselves in the same situation they were in prior to the Droid. Say what you want about Apple, but their customer service is top notch.

I suggest calling Amazon out on this. I just got an email from them that the A-to-Z guarantee does apply since it was purchased through their web store.

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I suggest calling Amazon out on this. I just got an email from them that the A-to-Z guarantee does apply since it was purchased through their web store.

At this point, I'm so pissed that I'll probably just go buy a binch Ipads and drive to Moto headquarters and throw them through the windows.:D

mpm#CB

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I feel your frustrations. I never got anywhere with Motorola either. Although they did ship out a full priced Xoom which should be on my door step today. It will be hard to resist havign a Xoom in my hands, but I will be sending it back. I'm not paying full price for that.

mpm#CB

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
What is the Motorola online store return policy? I just received the Xoom and want to open it up, but I don't plan on keeping it.

Can I play with it for 10 days or so and send it back for full refund? I know I have 14 days, but I wasn't sure if that was opened or unopened.

mpm#CB

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to share some good news with people who may be in the same boat I am.

I was one of the people who had the coupon applied only to be charged full price after the fact. I was told I could reject the package and would be refunded. I never had the chance to reject the package since Fedex dropped it off on my doorstep while I was at work. I looked into returning it, and Motorola's return policy said I would have to pay for return shipping and would receive a refund 4-6 weeks later minus original shipping fees.

This was certainly not acceptable to me as this was no fault of mine. I went to Amazon's A-Z Guarantee through the Motorola store. I contacted them and formally gave a complaint. I told my story, said I had proof, explained my frustrations about my experience with Motorola's terrible customer service and said I should either get the coupon honored or have Motorola pay for return shipping. I asked Amazon if there was anything they could do.

I received an email today from Motorola stating they would honor the 25% and send me a free gel case (they were out of stock at the time I ordered for some reason).

I don't know if they will honor everyones, but at least they have done the right thing for me. Good luck to you all that are in the same boat.

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to share some good news with people who may be in the same boat I am.

I was one of the people who had the coupon applied only to be charged full price after the fact. I was told I could reject the package and would be refunded. I never had the chance to reject the package since Fedex dropped it off on my doorstep while I was at work. I looked into returning it, and Motorola's return policy said I would have to pay for return shipping and would receive a refund 4-6 weeks later minus original shipping fees.

This was certainly not acceptable to me as this was no fault of mine. I went to Amazon's A-Z Guarantee through the Motorola store. I contacted them and formally gave a complaint. I told my story, said I had proof, explained my frustrations about my experience with Motorola's terrible customer service and said I should either get the coupon honored or have Motorola pay for return shipping. I asked Amazon if there was anything they could do.

I received an email today from Motorola stating they would honor the 25% and send me a free gel case (they were out of stock at the time I ordered for some reason).

I don't know if they will honor everyones, but at least they have done the right thing for me. Good luck to you all that are in the same boat.

Glad to hear things worked out for you. I have decided to give my money to Apple and revisit a honeycomb tablet later in the summer, but I will still refuse to give Moto any of my money especially after their clusterf**k

PaulG1488

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear things worked out for you. I have decided to give my money to Apple and revisit a honeycomb tablet later in the summer, but I will still refuse to give Moto any of my money especially after their clusterf**k

If you decided to give your money to apple go ahead and stay there we don't need people jumping with the intent of coming back

markbo2000

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
This will probably not set well with many, but lets keep in mind that this coupon was not intended for the Xoom and many people ordered it knowing that this was an error. Let's keep in mind the honorable thing to do on our own side, it's up to Moto to honor theirs.

That's not to say how PISSED OFF I would be. I figured this might happen when I saw the coupon that was found.

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This will probably not set well with many, but lets keep in mind that this coupon was not intended for the Xoom and many people ordered it knowing that this was an error. Let's keep in mind the honorable thing to do on our own side, it's up to Moto to honor theirs.

That's not to say how PISSED OFF I would be. I figured this might happen when I saw the coupon that was found.

I'm not even pissed anymore and I actually would have been fine if Moto came out and said they wouldn't honor the coupon. What I was upset about was the total and udder lack of customer service with intensional lying to their customers. That's not how you run a business or treat your customers. I'm a big fan of Disney and say what you want about Apple, their customer service is top notch (even though they are in a walled garden).