I got Google Voice working.

tutomate

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I deleted and uninstalled TB then I downloaded it again and this time did not install Busy box from it but rather down loaded and installed BB from the market but it would not install BB no matter what combo I tried.

That's baffling, mine installed busybox with no issue...
It seems that BB did install but just was not able to realize that because once I opened TB it got root privileges.

markbo2000

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Kind of useless though unless you can make a call. I guess it might be nice to text, but that works well through the web portal.

Ok, I have been trying to get a text feature to work on the Xoom, what is meant by "it works well through the web portal."? I want text availablility on the Xoom and have yet to get it to work.

Does the text feature through Google voice work for both sent and received texts?

Elysian893#AC

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I have been trying to get a text feature to work on the Xoom, what is meant by "it works well through the web portal."? I want text availablility on the Xoom and have yet to get it to work.

Does the text feature through Google voice work for both sent and received texts?

Works flawlessly now for me. No issues whatsoever. I wish others could get it to work though, only 1 confirmed so far.

kennycrudup

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
What bugs me though, is that now that a GV dev at Google knows about this and knows we want it, that we haven't seen anything from them yet- seems to me 20 mins in Eclipse could at least get a handle on the segfault/exception that's killing it and get us a version that at least doesn't FC on HC, even if it's not fully-featured.

I only hope the delay is due to them taking the time to make a fully-Tablet-Ready version.

tutomate

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I finally got it working here is what I did.

1. Made a backup of "MyBackupPro" with TB (from my phone)
2. Made a backup of GV in MybackupPro (app+data)
3. Restored MyBAckupPro from TB on Xoom
4. Restored GV from MybackupPro
5. Cried in relief

Elysian893#AC

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site

5. Cried in relief

Yes! Perserverence wins again. Glad you got it working.

Reactions: tutomate

17akota

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

5. Cried in relief

did everything you did untill i get an error sayisn that the market DB could not be found. and it wont install anything. :(

robrowald

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I got it working using this method as well.

5. Cried in relief

17akota

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I got that same error. But it worked. Can you tell me the steps you took and at what point you got the error?

ok so i did the exact same thing as you said again (except switch steps 1 and 2 because it makes more sense that way) and got the error, except this time it didnt say anything about the app or dadta not being restored. it just said the market link could not be found. Restarted my xoom like it said and i have it now. shows my inbox then FCs. Opened up again, and FCing and keeps doing it. :/

[EDIT] totally forgot about the permissions thing in the notification bar. Allowed the permissions and it works. :)

17akota

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I got it working using this from androidcentral from "tutomate." I just changed a few things from the OP.

Also Remove and reinstall EVERYTHING. TiBu, Google Voice, and MyBackup Pro. Also removed the folders where they save the backups at. TiBu saves in a folder called TitaniumBackup and MyBackup Pro saves in reware.

1. Made a backup of GV in MybackupPro (app+data)
2. Made a backup of "MyBackupPro" with TB (from my phone)
(After this you want to copy BOTH of the folders "rerware" and "TitaniumBackup" to your Xoom).
4. Restored GV from MybackupPro (make sure to hit DONE, not open, when the box comes up saying its installed)
5. I got an error saying something about that it could not find the market link, dont freak out yet.
6. hit ok, then it says to restart your phone to see your changes.
7. Restart your Xoom, google Voice should be there and open it.
8. you should see your indox, then OH DAMN, FC.
9. Hit Force close then look at your Notification bar. Should see something new.
10. Hit the icon and should ask you to allow the permissions. Allow them.
11. Open up Google Voice and say woot!.

Tell me if this helps anyone, or if anyone has problems.

tutomate

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I got it working using this from androidcentral from "tutomate." I just changed a few things from the OP.

Also Remove and reinstall EVERYTHING. TiBu, Google Voice, and MyBackup Pro. Also removed the folders where they save the backups at. TiBu saves in a folder called TitaniumBackup and MyBackup Pro saves in reware.

1. Made a backup of GV in MybackupPro (app+data)
2. Made a backup of "MyBackupPro" with TB (from my phone)
(After this you want to copy BOTH of the folders "rerware" and "TitaniumBackup" to your Xoom).
4. Restored GV from MybackupPro (make sure to hit DONE, not open, when the box comes up saying its installed)
5. I got an error saying something about that it could not find the market link, dont freak out yet.
6. hit ok, then it says to restart your phone to see your changes.
7. Restart your Xoom, google Voice should be there and open it.
8. you should see your indox, then OH DAMN, FC.
9. Hit Force close then look at your Notification bar. Should see something new.
10. Hit the icon and should ask you to allow the permissions. Allow them.
11. Open up Google Voice and say woot!.

Tell me if this helps anyone, or if anyone has problems.
Glad to see it worked for you.