How is the browser in xoom

gizzyman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
How is the browser in the xoom? I have the samsung tab and I am using my iPad to type this because the tab is so laggy overall and it's browser is horrible

Really want the xoom but don't need another slow laggy tablet

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
You will love it compared to the ipad. Browsing on my ipad is painful.

Check it out at bb or Verizon to see for yourself. I have not been able to make myself use safari on my ipad since my zoom arrived on Friday.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
The browzing is freaking fast. Everything is crystal clear and it is good to view in both landscape and portrait. I am excitedly happy with the browser in its speed and reliability. Bookmarking and password memory is great too. My school website is java based and seamlessly works for everything. Internet explorer on my computer doesn't handle the crap site the school uses as well as the xoom does.

thegunslinger1

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I think the browser is fast and very easy to browse with. The only thing I don't like is that by default it picks up some mobile sites first. Just have to turn that off. There is another thread with how to turn it off.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Browser is great. Even tried a 3rd Party browser (Dolphin HD) and ended up going back to stock. I really like the pop up menus on the sides of the screen too.

SHWELL

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I use Dolphin HD.. IT is what I use on my phone, so I just stuck with it. Have it setup to go to regualr sites as opposed to Mobile. I am extremely satisfied with this device so far.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Works like a champ! I would say it equals browsing from a desktop computer. When flash gets here this thing will rock.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
It's amazing. Apart from a few crashes, it really is the best mobile browser out there.

Make sure to enable quick controls from the labs in the browser settings. It makes browsing a bliss!

Reactions: NewAge

Ed Venture

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
if it wasnt for the mobile aspect it would be good.
To fix the mobile aspect, enter "about:debug" in the address line. Then go to the web browser menu and you will see you have some extra menu items. Select Debug, then UAString, then Desktop, to emulate a standard desktop browser.

Ed

IamJAd

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
When Dolphin HD comes out all tweaked for tablets, I'll be a happy camper. Until then, the stock browser is better than any previous stock Android browser!

PaulG1488

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been using stock browser since launch day but today I started using dolphin hd and pages seem to load a tiny bit faster on here then compared to the stock browser

anon(42011)

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I love it! Using Dolphin Mini browser which is somewhat faster than Dolphin HD bc its trimmed down.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Dragnz

May 17, 2010
Visit site
To fix the mobile aspect, enter "about:debug" in the address line. Then go to the web browser menu and you will see you have some extra menu items. Select Debug, then UAString, then Desktop, to emulate a standard desktop browser.

Ed

Do you have to do this after each restart or does it hold after a reboot ?