Wifi driver memory leak in Xoom

RuinerNIN

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
It appears that a memory leak in the WiFi driver for the Xoom has been found.

The original thread can be found in the official Motorola Xoom forums here.

My own testing appears to confirm that there exists a WiFi disconnection issue on the Xoom. I have tried two routers, one brand new out of the box, and my WiFi connection continued to drop out.

The Tiamat kernel v1.1 includes updated WiFi drivers. You can find more information here.

Last edited:

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Interesting... thanks for the link.

I've not noticed any connectivity issues with my Xoom, but for sure I noticed that I get better reception on my Xoom than on my OG Droid.

anon(194966)

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I noticed issues yesterday, went from home WiFi to Data connection during a train ride to the city and when I got home, things weren't smooth so I had to reboot.

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I've had the WiFi issue twice in two weeks, both times on my home WiFi network. Both times it happened after a couple of hours using the browser, with 3-4 tabs open in the browser. I try to open another tab or refresh a page and it gets "stuck" halfway through and won't complete. The other open tabs will fail to refresh as well. Closing the browser and re-opening does nothing - it will still fail to load pages. Re-booting the Xoom fixes it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2