Where the hell is FLASH, damnit?

inkmantpa

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Adobe made it a point to say two weeks. I appreciate your advice on my demeanor. Just sucks to have this awesome device that can't even do what my phone does already.

The specific post I saw from the Adobe Blog said "within a few weeks of Honeycomb (Android 3.0) devices becoming availalbe", That is not the same as 2 weeks. In fact, "a few" is relative to the person speaking. If I were talking about the billions of stars in the universe and said only a few of them supported life, that could mean 5 million, which is "a few" in relation to the total number of stars.

A few weeks is not 2, it is not 5.... it is a few. There is a reason companies use "a few" and "soon".

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Agree - I'd take SD over flash. Using the ipad for the past year I really don't use much flash. If and when it arrives hopefully its "SMOOTH".

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The specific post I saw from the Adobe Blog said "within a few weeks of Honeycomb (Android 3.0) devices becoming availalbe", That is not the same as 2 weeks. In fact, "a few" is relative to the person speaking. If I were talking about the billions of stars in the universe and said only a few of them supported life, that could mean 5 million, which is "a few" in relation to the total number of stars.

A few weeks is not 2, it is not 5.... it is a few. There is a reason companies use "a few" and "soon".

So what you're saying is...in Adobe's universe, there's billions of weeks so they could possibly mean 5 million weeks...do you think its exactly 5 or could it be 4 million?

I need to know because I'm writing a letter to the future and putting it in a time capsule and it starts with "Greetings Earthlings of the future, by now I'm sure you're enjoying Flash on Honeycomb, and for that, I envy you.":p

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Since the post is about "Where the hell is flash", biblically speaking a "few" is 8.....so a couple of months or a few weeks. Peter 3.20

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Seriously...

I'm pissed about this too ...honestly IMO the xoom should of never been released b4 the whole flash/4g/SD card issue

While I can cut them some slack for the flash and 4g I see no reason why the SD card isn't working...

Frankly I could do without flash, what I want is the damn SD Slot to work!

That's the main thing I wanted to work. Since I've returned my Xoom, I'll keep checking back here periodically to see if any of these features are updated. I don't understand why they at least couldn't have the sd-card working.

wsigep

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I hear it is locked up in a vault at Adobe, anyone want to break in with me? ;)

It will be out when they are ready, anyone who is a developer knows these launches always come out later than they like!

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Here's the reason for the post. Yes, I knew the device wouldn't have flash when I bought it, but I found that information about 3 days before I bought it and AFTER I pre-ordered it from BB and saved the $800 for it. I also used $115 worth of BB reward zone dollars. This IS one of the best devices I have ever owned, but I feel like a groom whose newlywed wife gets cold feet on the honeymoon. Sure I could have waited to buy it, but I wanted the device and am happy I got it. I don't think it's too much to ask to actually have software that the manufacturers and carriers advertise. I have no intention of buying an HTC Thunderbolt, but if I did I would be soooo pissed. They are adverstising something you cannot buy. With the Xoom, there is very little software to support its unbelievable hardware. I like Apple, but the DROID offers much more to me, mainly customization, openness, etc...How can Motorola compete if their high end device, which is very expensive, cannot differentiate itself from the IPad/IPad2? I realize the Android OS is different from AppleOs, but when people ask what this does that the IPad/2 doesn't do, it's kinda like, uh...,well...I am a huge Android supporter. I have owned Eris, Incredible,D2,X, and Xoom. The only Apple product I have is an IPod. Wife has an IPad. I know I will be innundated with examples of what the Xoom can do that the IPad can't,(widescreen,rooting,etc...) but this is getting rediculous. All I want is what the device was suppossed to do,i.e. FLASH, SD,LTE. Is that too much to ask?

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
The part that kills me about the whole SD card thing is that you have to take the SIM card out to get the SD card out. So while you're swapping out your SD card the data connection will go dead if not on wifi.

What engineer came up with that brilliant idea?

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The part that kills me about the whole SD card thing is that you have to take the SIM card out to get the SD card out. So while you're swapping out your SD card the data connection will go dead if not on wifi.

Ahhhh Motorola.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
when the first original Motorola Droid was hyped its biggest feature was full flash every jumped in me included then it was announced it wouldn't be available with 2.0 so we had to then nexus came it had flash and 2.1 and my Droid still didn't. finally after nearly four months my Droid finally had flash. so when xoom was released with out flash I said nope ill wait till it comes out and bugs fixed or just get the killer Toshiba Android tablet that offers more then the Xoom.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TeckSupport05

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Hopefuly thats what they fix with with the hardware upgrade

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

I will put my SD card in and leave it in and access the data via USB, it really won't bother me. But I understand the issue with it!

wnrussell3

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
"Motorola Xoom update rolling out in phases starting tonight & includes required enhancements to support upcoming Adobe Flash 10.2."

I do have the 10.2 BETA and it is buggy or else would have leaked, so this is good news.

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
The Motorola release notes answer the question about how Flash will be installed: we'll get it from the Market!

"- support for Adobe? Flash? Player 10.2 (download available at a future date - via Android Market details to follow shortly) "

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet