Just got the Xoom. I ripped and encoded a movie to MP4 but I can't seem to find a default movie player. Just the Movie Studio. I assume there is one and is just missing on the MY Apps menu. I downloaded the QQ Player but that can't find the movie. It keeps looking in the SD/card file. There is no sd card yet as we know.. I hope i am just doing something wrong here
    Thanks
    03-09-2011 08:51 AM
    Get DoubleTwist. The default movie player is hidden. Go to Gallery and check for your video there.
    03-09-2011 08:56 AM
    That was it. I will dump QQ and try double twist. I still need to figure out the right settings since the video playback was ok on the width by not the correct height.
    Thanks Again
    03-09-2011 09:14 AM
    What do you like about Double Twist -- ?
    03-09-2011 10:08 AM
    Airsync is nice. The user interface is nice. It has a good podcast data base. The cover art is lacking but there is a free app that fixes that quick and easy. Downside is to get new podcasts you have to use the desktop application hopefully that will change soon. But all in all it is a good player and you can't beat the price. Airsync will cost but is a good addition especially since the player is free.
    03-09-2011 10:25 AM
    Airsync is nice. The user interface is nice. It has a good podcast data base. The cover art is lacking but there is a free app that fixes that quick and easy. Downside is to get new podcasts you have to use the desktop application hopefully that will change soon. But all in all it is a good player and you can't beat the price. Airsync will cost but is a good addition especially since the player is free.
    what's the app that finds the album art? Does it only work with Doubletwist?
    03-09-2011 11:24 AM
    Just got the Xoom. I ripped and encoded a movie to MP4 but I can't seem to find a default movie player. Just the Movie Studio. I assume there is one and is just missing on the MY Apps menu. I downloaded the QQ Player but that can't find the movie. It keeps looking in the SD/card file. There is no sd card yet as we know.. I hope i am just doing something wrong here
    Thanks
    This is not super intuitive, but you go into Gallery to find movies. The Gallery monitors for media types including images and movies...
    03-09-2011 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD