A while back I ordered the headrest mount for the Xoom from Amazon and couldn't use it. I contacted the seller and arranged to return it, but it ddn't make sense to return a 14.00 device that was gonna cost me 11.28 to ship back. I figured I'd throw it in a yard sale or find some one that could use it.

Today I found a use for it, I have been playing a lot of N64oid on my Zoom with the wii controller app to let me use the clasic wii controller etc.

So today I picked up a wii steering wheel, a classic controller and a wiimote so I wouldn't have to "borrow" one from the kids wii. Using my dremel and part of an old Ankon bicycle mount I was able to modify the brackets and mount my Xoom to the wii mote wheel.

Another benefit to doing it this way is I can take the holder off of the wheel and put it on my bicycle handle bars this summer, I also included a few pics with it mounted on my bicycle. It seems to be secure but I am not 100% sure yet.
    03-10-2011 11:33 PM
    You sir are out of control! Very impressive. And I thought I was a tinkerer.

You really are Xooming every where you go

No way I could trust it. My phone would be better imo.
    03-11-2011 12:09 AM
    More work that I would personally do but looks very functional. Reminds me of my days making mame cabinets.
    03-11-2011 12:17 AM
    You sir are out of control! Very impressive. And I thought I was a tinkerer.

You really are Xooming every where you go

No way I could trust it. My phone would be better imo.
    I have a DX belt clip I am gonna "modify" to work in this set up as well tomorrow. I am also going to start on my vehicle mount.

The wheel hold the Zoom great, I am just not sure about it being secure on the bicycle Possible Harley-Davidson mount to come. Not mu ch room on a set of Sportster handle bars, especially when they are buckhorns. I may have to get some 4" straight risers and some drag bars.
    03-11-2011 12:25 AM
    thegunslinger1
    Android Intermediate

Device(s): Motorola Droid Pro, Xoom

Man the post with your mods was pretty damn cool, I enjoyed it, I took have picked up the Xoom instead of a lap top, now I just need to figure out how to connect it to the network to pick up my external hd.
    -----
    Live2ride883
    Android Pro

Device(s): DroidX, Xoom

Originally Posted by thegunslinger1
    Man the post with your mods was pretty damn cool, I enjoyed it, I took have picked up the Xoom instead of a lap top, now I just need to figure out how to connect it to the network to pick up my external hd.

live2ride883
    Thanks, it worked out pretty good for a first time just figuring it out as I went.
    -----

thegunslinger1
    Android Intermediate

Originally Posted by Live2ride883
    Thanks, it worked out pretty good for a first time just figuring it out as I went.

How exactly get you get the Wii/NES remote to work with the Xoom?

-----

Live2ride883
    Android Pro

Originally Posted by thegunslinger1
    How exactly get you get the Wii/NES remote to work with the Xoom?

Theres a wii controller app in the market.

-----
    thegunslinger1
    Android Intermediate

Originally Posted by Live2ride883
    Theres a wii controller app in the market.

Which one did you use? I think I am going to try out "Wii Controller IME" Free (edit: not free) and decent ratings. (Still looking)Sending it to my Xoom now.
    -----
    thegunslinger1
    Android Intermediate

Just sent "Wiimote Controller" to the Xoom, this one is free, we will see how it works this weekend.
    -----
    Live2ride883
    Android Pro

Thats the one I used, I am gonna move this over to the original thread so we don't keep hijacking this one.
    03-11-2011 01:00 PM
    Gunslinger,

Did you get it to work?
    03-11-2011 04:48 PM
    Gunslinger,

Did you get it to work?
    Not sure yet, I am still at work, I will check it out later this evening when I get home or tomorrow morning, I am also going to have to find/buy myself an emulator and get me some Mario Bros.!

This will be great to introduce my kids to what real old school gaming was like, no waving your hands/arms around. LOL
    03-11-2011 04:56 PM
    I am using N64oid.
    03-11-2011 05:27 PM
    I was able to get the new wii mote and classic controller to connect, now I just have to set up the button mapping.
    03-11-2011 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD