forbs in now bad mouthing the Xoom and honycomb

barkomatic

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
He's correct in that Google's pattern of software being in a constant beta state works fine for free services, but not at all for a device you pay $800 for. The Xoom is not being marketed as a tablet just for technology enthusiasts but for a mass audience. People on this forum may have a higher tolerance than most for gadgets that are initially buggy. We can also recognize the potential of something new--but the mass market doesn't.

That being said, I think the author has embellished the Xoom's problems somewhat--and so have many reviewers especially when comparing it to the iPad2. Honestly, after people rush out and buy the iPad2 they are going to realize its the same old thing only faster. If the Google/Motorola can get the Xoom ready in a month--they can catch bored iPad users on the rebound.

anon(11078)

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Actually he embellished things more than somewhat. The battery time on the Xoom is quite good. His claim that the standby time was 14 hours was far from the mark of 14 days. I think it is reckless to quote this ignorant analyst for anything about the Xoom.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo