Xoom will not turn on

FireGuy303

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi All. I had been using my Xoom last night around 6pm using the 3G connection, just surfing the web. Battery level was over 50%. Went to a class, my Xoom was in a case and on a shelf. Came back to it and it won't turn on. Have tried a couple different chargers, even putting it in the charging dock, nothing. Any ideas?

kensteve51

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
How timely, this just happened to me last night also. Your fix of taping volume and power button worked like a charm. Wonder what the root cause is?

moek

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Had a similar problem with mine. Was using kindle app from amazon prior. Is this an android bug, an app bug or a hw bug that is causig this. I have mine rooted tuning tiamat 1.1.13 kernel.

suzyshop

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I had just bought a xoom,brand new off ebay the 1st week of june.It worked fine till i tried to power it up today.Im so glad i found this forum,thanks,to the people on here who asked just the question i needed and answer too.Also thanks to the person who answered the question.Both of you saved me the hassle of having to pack it up,go to the post office and send it back.Thanks.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I had just bought a xoom,brand new off ebay the 1st week of june.It worked fine till i tried to power it up today.Im so glad i found this forum,thanks,to the people on here who asked just the question i needed and answer too.Also thanks to the person who answered the question.Both of you saved me the hassle of having to pack it up,go to the post office and send it back.Thanks.

Welcome to AC! A bunch of great people here to help anytime you need. Feel free to post any questions about your new Xoom.

sent by CyanogenMod X

Reactions: shelley2u

steveworm

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks SO much guys. Its moments like these that the android internet community can save individuals so much time,money and hassles! From preparing to send my device back to where it came from with a nasty letter I now have the Xoom back working in my hands immediately. Thanks SO much for the heads up.Rigelian take a bow..!

jkfsr

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
My xoom hasn't done this but my razr did. Something killed battery in about 1 hour. Had to do the volume up and power buttons to get it going again. Has been fine since.:)

Jake1944

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi I have just bought a Xoom Wi-Fi with 3g and when I switched it on I got a message that said" the tablet is not provisioned insert valid sim card and reboot".

Does anyone have any ideas, I have tried to reboot and get the same message.

Thanks

cmartinez4u

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem at least 4 times, and I was able to fix it, just tapping the SD Card down (Inserted properly, for some reason it get loose and the Xoom won't start, will stay in the Motorola LOGO FOREVER...)

anjukkumar

May 21, 2012
Visit site
The pressing of power button and Volume up button together worked. Thanks a lot for the help and saving lot of time following up with customer care.

mtmzk

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Tried that trick (power bottom and volume up) for a while, but now it?s really not working and it?s dead.
Can someone help me?

slwerner

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Tried that trick (power bottom and volume up) for a while, but now it?s really not working and it?s dead.
Can someone help me?

When you say "dead", I assume you mean that even hooked up to power it will not turn on at all (including the power+vol-up button fix)?

Or, does it operate only if connect to external power, and the battery seems to not be charging (but tests as being in good operating condition w/ Super Battery, SystemPanel, or similar app)?

If so, I had a similar experience with mine a few month ago. I could get mine to power up by firmly (very firmly pressing on the bezel just to the right of the charging indicator light at the center of the bottom bezel.

It would work for a time, but then revert to non-operating. I eventually sent it to Moto (under warranty at the time). They fixed it, but did not provide any explanation as to what had been the issue. I even called support to try to figure out what they had fixed, but they couldn't/wouldn't tell me.

I rather suspect that there is a key connection between the mainboard, the power connector, and the battery at that point in the device that had become loose or disconnected, which could be (temporarily)reconnected via the pressure on the bezel above that point.

ALDIII

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
My xoom is also "dead", the power light shows white turning to green while charging but that's all. Have tried the volume up + power and volume down + power. Have held the power button down by itself for a long time. All produce no change. Can't give anymore information than this as this is how I acquired the xoom. Any thoughts or tips?
Thanks

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
My xoom is also "dead", the power light shows white turning to green while charging but that's all. Have tried the volume up + power and volume down + power. Have held the power button down by itself for a long time. All produce no change. Can't give anymore information than this as this is how I acquired the xoom. Any thoughts or tips?
Thanks

What do you mean by acquired it this way? Did you buy it? Steal it?

ALDIII

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean by acquired it this way? Did you buy it? Steal it?

I bought it that way, knew it didn't boot when I bought it. Was hoping to fix it as I like playing with cell phones and thought I would try tablets. I own 3 tablets that I bought new, all Galaxy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463