Xoom will not turn on

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
xoom wont power up.

green light comes on as soon as i plug it in the charger

tried power + vol up no luck

adb cant find the device :(

anyone have any ideas i was planing on replacing my xoom with an asus infinity but i wanted to keep it around to give to a family member as its still a great tablet

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
xoom wont power up.

green light comes on as soon as i plug it in the charger

tried power + vol up no luck

adb cant find the device :(

anyone have any ideas i was planing on replacing my xoom with an asus infinity but i wanted to keep it around to give to a family member as its still a great tablet

I am in the same boat, I called Motorola but they was no help, it just seemed like after the ice cream update the Xoom stopped coming on and wont turn off but when I press the volume up and the power the screen comes half way on and shows the red Motorola symbol and that's it and it freezes there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

sandeepiitm

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Tried that trick (power bottom and volume up) for a while, but now it?s really not working and it?s dead.
Can someone help me?

Try this...It worked for me..
I let it charge until the LED went green and still no luck. Buy T5 Torx Screwdriver from lowes/Walmart and disconnect the two, copper battery connectors (Orange flat one) per these instructions Motorola Xoom Teardown - iFixit and separate the contacts with a piece of paper for about 30 seconds. This is the Xoom equivalent of a battery pull! Once back together, the Xoom booted right up. The whole process took less than 10 minutes

sandeepiitm

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My xoom is also "dead", the power light shows white turning to green while charging but that's all. Have tried the volume up + power and volume down + power. Have held the power button down by itself for a long time. All produce no change. Can't give anymore information than this as this is how I acquired the xoom. Any thoughts or tips?
Thanks

Try this===> It worked for me
I let it charge until the LED went green and still no luck. Buy T5 Torx Screwdriver from lowes/Walmart and disconnect the two, copper battery connectors (Orange flat one) per these instructions Motorola Xoom Teardown - iFixit and separate the contacts with a piece of paper for about 30 seconds. This is the Xoom equivalent of a battery pull! Once back together, the Xoom booted right up. The whole process took less than 10 minutes

sandeepiitm

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat, I called Motorola but they was no help, it just seemed like after the ice cream update the Xoom stopped coming on and wont turn off but when I press the volume up and the power the screen comes half way on and shows the red Motorola symbol and that's it and it freezes there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Try this. It worked for me.
I let it charge until the LED went green and still no luck. Buy T5 Torx Screwdriver from lowes(Kobalt 8-in-1 Precision TORX Head Screwdriver: $6)/Walmart and disconnect the two, copper battery connectors (2 orange flat one) per these instructions Motorola Xoom Teardown - iFixit and separate the contacts with a piece of paper for about 30 seconds. This is the Xoom equivalent of a battery pull! Once back together, the Xoom booted right up. The whole process took less than 10 minutes

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Press the power button while holding the volume up button down.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

How timely, this just happened to me last night also. Your fix of taping volume and power button worked like a charm. Wonder what the root cause is?

This happened to me once, thought my XOOM was done for! Though, I was used to holding and pressing the power button!:eek:

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums

zychang

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

Same here. It all starts to happen after the ice cream update. Did you ever figure out what's going on and how to fix it?

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I guess they fix it with the 4.1.2 update.
Though, that was availible in select-countries..

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

tclNJ

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Now THAT did the trick... thanks! Only tricky part was that I had to create my own extra long spudger to get the back case off... but the Xoom works like a charm now.

Try this...It worked for me..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance