Xoom or Jailbroken iPad2?

carotene

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
i've heard flash runs pretty well on a jailbroken iPad. I only need wifi and the xoom wifi is nowhere in sight. Why not go this route and get all the apps AND flash? The base iPad cost is pretty darn cheap.

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
FYI jailbroken ipad with that frash hack that gives u flash does not work for flash video, only for flash games. i was considering getting an ipad 2, but the lack of real flash made me hold back. even if they get flash video working, i doubt it will be implemented with hardware acceleration and be usable compared to honeycomb. If u need a tablet asap and dont wanna spend $800 then ipad 2 is only option unless u can wait for wifi xoom, and probably lg, asus, toshiba. Its hard to wait, but i think ima tough it out and wait or maybe get an ipad 2 from sams club and then return it within 30 days to help pass the time.

carotene

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
@ravizzle: i'm in the same boat. getting impatient waiting for xoom wifi. thinking about going with the ipad2 then handing it over to the wife when i make the switch to android this summer. the lack of flash REALLY pisses me off!

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
for me the lack of the flash isnt the biggest problem. I HATE itunes! its so annoying that u have to connect the ipad to itunes every time u wanna add music, or sideload books.I had the original ipad when it came out, i ended up selling it a couple months later just because i hated itunes so much. Other than that and flash it was a very good product, good quality, easy to use, and good batt life. Also if u get the ipad, u can easily sell it on the internet and get 100% of ur money back and in some cases even turn a profit.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I too dislike the whole need for itunes. While I think its nice to have a place for all that stuff you should not be forced to use it for everything.

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
this is what im doing cuz im on exactly on the same boat but im going to wait until April 1st(no joke ;P) but anyways if the Xoom wifi is not out by then and not $500-$600 w/tax i will go for the ipad 2 because i dont want to spend $800 on a xoom with 3g when i dont need 3g.

carotene

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
its so annoying that u have to connect the ipad to itunes every time u wanna add music, or sideload books.

I thought you could buy music and apps from the store directly from the iPad? I agree with you on the resale value. I just sold a bunch of old istuff on Ebay and got darn near what we paid for it. crazy.

larkin vain

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm picked up the iPad 2 yesterday and returned it less than an hour later. The camera is horrible. Not to mention the one i got had dead pixels. I'm going to wait for the wifi doom and get that instead.

ravizzle

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I thought you could buy music and apps from the store directly from the iPad? I agree with you on the resale value. I just sold a bunch of old istuff on Ebay and got darn near what we paid for it. crazy.

u can get music u buy from itunes directly from the ipad, but i download a lot of recorded lectures for school from my school website and u cant do that with the ipad. Also music thats already on your computer cant be added without itunes. Google music sync should be working soon so thats another reason i want a honeycomb tablet, bc that way all ur music is in the cloud and doesnt take up any hd space.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke