Just bought an ipad 2....

xxraffyxx

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Before anyone ask, yes I have a xoom and yes I'm keeping the xoom. I just wanted to play with it then I'm probably going to be gifting it to my mom because she has been talking about the ipad forever! Until then I will be doing some comparisons videos of the xoom vs ipad2

First impressions this thing is LIGHT! very light when compared to the heavy xoom. I have yet to boot this thing up because i have sync to itunes. I dont even have itunes on my pc and I actually hate itunes. I'm currently very reluctantly installing itunes.

be sure to check out my youtube channel (in my signature) I am currently uploading a unboxing video. I will soon have a comparison up.

*updated* 3/15th
Hardware comparison:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C3hgOQXHVA

Last edited:
Reactions: 2CupsWithString

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
When you get a chance, can you compare the cameras? I'm curious how they compare. Apple doesn't say what the mega pixals are on the rear facing camera.
Thanks

NVNJ

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Got the iPad 2 today. Using it now and this is my first iOS device. I had the Xoom and liked it a lot!! Lack of apps and me being impatient is what made me return it.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Before anyone ask, yes I have a xoom and yes I'm keeping the xoom. I just wanted to play with it then I'm probably going to be gifting it to my mom because she has been talking about the ipad forever! Until then I will be doing some comparisons videos of the xoom vs ipad2

First impressions this thing is LIGHT! very light when compared to the heavy xoom. I have yet to boot this thing up because i have sync to itunes. I dont even have itunes on my pc and I actually hate itunes. I'm currently very reluctantly installing itunes.

be sure to check out my youtube channel (in my signature) I am currently uploading a unboxing video. I will soon have a comparison up.

Thanks, I'm a fan of your unboxing videos! (though I wont watch the ipad one lol). I think it will be good to have a non-fanboy non-troll do somethielike this.

xxraffyxx

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
When you get a chance, can you compare the cameras? I'm curious how they compare. Apple doesn't say what the mega pixals are on the rear facing camera.
Thanks

Yeah will do I can do that! Let me know what else you'd like to see.

Thanks, I'm a fan of your unboxing videos! (though I wont watch the ipad one lol). I think it will be good to have a non-fanboy non-troll do somethielike this.

Thanks I have a lot more in store. I'll make this the most unbiased as I can be!

anon(20681)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks

The rear facing camera is less then 1 megapixel. I think it is .7 to be exact. That is no BS. FYI the RAM is 512.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah those cameras are a joke.... however, with the time I have had with tablets, taking pictures with them is a little awkward.

Considering that Apple prides themselves on quality though, they surely skimped on the cameras (and possible the speaker too).

NVNJ

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah those cameras are a joke.... however, with the time I have had with tablets, taking pictures with them is a little awkward.

Considering that Apple prides themselves on quality though, they surely skimped on the cameras (and possible the speaker too).

Fwiw, the speaker on the iPad 2 isn't bad at all. Xoom is a bit better though.

Reactions: slopokdave

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Oldesk, thats nice to know...

I look forward to your comparisons as well.

Like I said in another thread, as a Xoom user and android user (my wife and I both have Evo's, my son has an Optimus), and also ipad 2, I wish I could blog somewhere to document my experience without any flak. This too is my first apple product.

Will you have more videos tonight?

Last edited:

FFR

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Oldesk, thats nice to know...

I look forward to your comparisons as well.

Like I said in another thread, as a Xoom user and android user (my wife and I both have Evo's, my son has an Optimus), and also ipad 2, I wish I could blog somewhere to document my experience without any flak. This too is my first apple product.

Will you have more videos tonight?

why don't you post here

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
why don't you post here

I'm not sure if you are referring to the forum? Or this thread? If its the forum you meant, I don't really think it's appropriate since it is a Xoom forum.

But it may be okay to post thoughts and impressions in the thread. Not to steal from the OP or anything. :) I'm sure his comparison by video will be very good though. Looking forward to it.

ZBoater

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I tried two Apple Stores, 4 Best Buys and two Walmarts before I have up. I've had an iPad 1 for a year and plan to get the iPad 2. There are just too many apps I am attached to. But I intend to keep on Xooming, cause Android is where its at!!! :)

Bossxii

May 13, 2010
Visit site
As a former iPad user this Xoom is pretty damn sweet. I had an Evo for a couple of months before switching jobs and turning it in. I love Google's voice integration and this thing feels very fast at everything so far. I'm sure the iPad 2 is faster as well, but have to admit I was a bit hesitant. The speaks are impressive in terms of volume and the browser is very nice. I don't play many games so the key things for me are web, email, Slingplayer which works awsome and news apps.

While my personal phone is a JB iPhone ill use it as a hotspot unrptil LTE shows up and I upgrade the Xoom. The camera on the Xoom is very nice and good quality, as the I pads camera seemed grainy. I don't care about megapixels over quality, but Apple dropped the ball there for sure.

I look forward to more reviews and hope to learn more about Android OS, not to mention pretty excited to see flash coming so soon. Its not that I live flash, but I do love mupy Hulu, although they will probably block it :(

dseiden

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Any idea if you can do video chat with skype? I fear that the Xoom may never get video chatting thru skype. Google chat is nice but I know far more people that use Skype.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site

That's because they used the same cameras that are in the iPod touch. That's how Apple can price these units at an affordable price point, they use basically the same hardware across all their products which is not a bad thing from a manufacturing point at all.

Reactions: garuda

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox